27. It's How We Keep This Place

"We have to come for them, before they come from us - We live, we kill them all."  -Rick Grimes

"I guess it's kill or be killed." - Alexandra

Alexandra's *POV*

I was woken up by a hand touching mine and my shoulder. My eyes opened and looked at Daryl who was looking at me. I turned my head to see that we had arrived back in Alexandria. Finally.

"I need everyone in the church in about an hour." I heard Rick say.

I stepped off the RV alone, making my way back to the house. I had an hour to kill before the meeting in the church, which is definitely going to be about the saviors and this Negan guy. I still had mixed feelings about this whole thing, but I knew I was scared, but I also knew I wanted to fight.

"Hey, what can we do for an hour?" I heard Daryl say, making me laugh.

"Oh, Daryl... We can do plenty." I said, teasing him, as we walked out of the RV where Rick had stopped.

"Oh really now? Like?" He smirked.

"We can.... Sleep." My eyes went wide and my mouth opened in an O shape, and then laughed at Daryl's amused face. "Seriously, a little nap can do me justice."

"Really now?"

"Not what I meant. You go do whatever you need to do before that meeting, I'll meet you there." I smiled, then pecking him on the lips.

"See ya." He mumbled.

"See you." I smiled.

-
Hour Later

"And we can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food, eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl and Abraham on the road. Now sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those wolves did, just like Jesus did. They would've killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by the city in that kind of fight, low on food we could lose.

This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place." Rick spoke with passion. "This needs to be group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

No one stood up when Rick offered anyone to object. I looked around with my eyes, and stood up quickly, looking at Rick. I was hesitant on speaking. I heard Daryl move to look at me, while he was sitting down.

"Have anything you need to say?" Rick asked. I stood quiet, before gulping and opening my mouth to speak.

"The truth is... I'm scared. We don't know who these people are. What I said back at hilltop, about us going in blind- that's the thing that gets me in a position where I don't want to do this. But then seeing a lot of you being so passionate about Alexandria, our home, makes me want to do this. I'm scared, and I don't want to be. Rick, help me change my mind. Anyone. I want to be able to fight, We all need to." I looked at Rick, then down at Daryl. "We have to do this together. Right?"

His hand reached up to mine and held it, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand.

"That's right." Rick said. "Anyone else like to say anything?" I sat back down, and waited for someone to say anything or for Rick to continue speaking. I saw Jesus sitting near standing Rick, giving me a smile and nodding his head. I smiled back.

"You sure we can do it?" Morgan stood up. "We can beat em?"

"What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us- yes I'm sure." Rick answered.

"Then all we have to do is just tell them that."

"Well, they don't compromise." Rick said.

"This ain't a compromise." Morgan raised his voice. "It's a chance you give them. It's a way out, for them and us."

"We try and talk to the saviors, we give up our safety, we give up our advantage. No, we have to come for them, before they come for us. We can't leave them alive." Rick said.

"Where there's life, there's possibility." Morgan said.

"Maybe in the world before this, but now? Morgan, it's a different world. People changed." I said, interrupting.

"Of them, hitting us, Morgan." Rick said.

"We're not trapped in this!" Morgan said. He had a point though... "None of you are trapped in this."

"Morgan... They always come back."

"Come back when they're dead, too." Morgan spat.

"Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before." Rick said.

"I'm not talking about the walkers."

"Alex wants to do whatever you all think is the best. Morgan wants to talk to them first. I think talking would be a mistake, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too. But who else wants to approach the saviors, talk to them first?" Rick spoke, ending with a question.

"What happened here," I turned my head and saw Aaron stand up and speak. "We won't let that happen again. I won't." And then he sat back down, leaving the church filled with silence.

"Look like it's settled. We know exactly what this is. We don't shy from it, we live. We kill them all. We don't all have to kill. But, if people are gonna stay here..." Rick walked forward and began to leave the church. "They do have to accept it."
-
"We leave tomorrow... You sure you want to do this?" Daryl asked, as we sat next to each other in the little living room.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I need to be there. I have to be. I can't let you go without me. Not letting what happened last time happen again. I can't stay here without you, knowing that you could be hurt or any of you."  I said, placing my elbows on my knees, and resting my arms on them as my face held my face, and looking at Daryl.

"You don't have to kill-"

"I know. But I'm going to have to, just in case someone is to scared." I answered.

"Aren't you, you know, scared?"

"Mhm, but I have to learn not to be. Rick told me I need to learn how to take charge. I'm going to do whatever it takes to survive- to make sure this place stays. We all need to survive." I said, furrowing my brows in determination.

"That's my girl." He mumbled. "You got this tomorrow. We all do." He took my hand and squeezed it. "Come one we should get to bed." He pulled me up, still holding on to my hand, leading us up the stairs to our room.

I guess it's kill or be killed.

--
A/N:

Short little update!
Next update will be on Saturday night OR Sunday in the day!

Vote, Comment & Follow me if you haven't! Thanks so much for reading, and I love youu's

Xox