TWD S8 FINALE **SPOILERS**

(via Tom Payne (Jesus!) from IG)

WOW!

I don't know how I feel about the finale, except for the fact that I am CONFLICTED AND TORN APART! If you watched the finale, comment here and tell me how you feel!

NOW- let's get down to business! I'm gonna list the characters from tonight's episode and talk about the episode at the same time like I've previously done. So, if you didn't watch, stop now because: *SPOILERS BELOW*

RICK
Through out this season, I've agreed with almost everything Rick had said and done. It tonight's finale, I have to say, his leadership skills has taken a step back, despite him leading every to go fight and figuring out that this was a set up by Negan. Ever since he read that letter from Carl, I feel like he's lost himself a bit. Yes he lost tons of people, including Lori, Shane and then Carl. But I feel like Rick has always been a leader and a kill-who-needs-to-killed type of person in this type of world.
I'm VERY upset with his decision of saying "Save him", after fighting with Negan and cutting his throat open.
His decision to keep Negan alive was the wrong decision, and I feel like they could've done something.

MAGGIE
Wow. She has come so far, especially with leading Hilltop with Jesus. She's been one of my favorite characters, and in this finale I felt so bad for her. When she yelled and screamed "he killed Glenn" MADE ME CRY. I CRIED LIKE A LITTLE BABY, I'm SOOOO serious.
I think her not trusting those groups of Saviors at hilltop was the right way to go, and at the end when she realized maybe they CAN be good and they CAN help, shows that she can understand both sides, and how people can only be bad when they need to/it has to be an effect from someone (that being Negan).
The ending of the episode left her talking to Jesus. She looked a little evil to me, maybe that's because of the office being dark, and her being the powerful leader we ALL know she can be.

EUGENE
just kill him off. I don't care that he helped tonight by killing Saviors and making the bullets faulty and Negan's hand shot. I really think he's caused so much for the past 3+ seasons that I'm done with his character. GREAT acting by Josh, though!

THE WOMEN
Thanks to Tara for finding these women. Thanks to Aaron for talking to all of them for their help. I honestly thought they weren't gonna help, and that they were just gonna stay back where they were, but THE WOMEN CAME THROUGH AND DID THAT! 💅🏻💖👏🏼

MY FEELINGS:
I was left conflicted after that scene with Maggie Jesus (then Daryl), because I'm sad that Negan was left alive, but I'm "happy" he IS alive. But, when Maggie was talking to Jesus, I felt somewhat of the feeling betrayal. They've been a family since season 2, and it just saddens me that this is probably gonna turn into a split down the middle between these people and everyone around them, and divide them.
And when Daryl said something and the camera panned to him, I was like wow, because Daryl and rick are "brothers". But I can honestly understand BOTH sides.

Rick and Michonne want Negan alive to basically mentally torture him?? and show Negan this will be a new world? I don't know, I feel like maybe this will turn out bad.

NEGAN
WOW. I would say some harsh words but damn Negan is not so tough! Trying to run away during a "war"?!  Besides that, I think Negan has and is one of the best bad guys on the show.

DWIGHT
WOW IM SOOO SAD. I've always liked and hated Dwight at many different times on the show. I think what he did (trying to help rick and everyone) was really such a good act. His "betrayal" to Negan was I think great, but it cost him a safe place.
BUT despite that, I truly think Dwight never wanted to be apart of Negan's side or Rick's side. He just wanted out.
That moment between him and Daryl was nice, and I really saw how Daryl was emotional I SEE EVERYTHING HE DOES OKAY 😭😂

Over all, I think this was an okay finale. But the directing by my favorite person ever, Greg Nicotero, was AMAZING as always, and so was the makeup! But, yes, I've seen better finales on TWD, but I liked this one  because it left me thinking, worried and hype for season 9. But, I think I won't be this invested into next season as I was previously.

ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FINALE + anything. Left out a character? Plot in tonight's episode? Anything? Just ask, because I know I did.

ALSO: talk about how you feel about the finale!!! —->