20. We Can Beat Them

"I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moments gone. All my dreams, pass before my eyes a curiosity." Dust in The Wind//Kansas

Daryl's *POV*

"...Now belongs to Negan." He said, as he walked forward to us. "And if you can get your hands on a tanker, your people are people who wants to know. So, lets get this slide on shall we? Right now." He stepped toward me, waving his hand. I reached behind me and underneath my leather vest and shirt, and took out my a gun, not taking my eyes off of him and raising the gun up to give it to him, with my mean look.

"Thank you." He walked over to Sasha and Abraham and did the same. "If you have to eat shit, best not to nibble. Bite. Chew. Swallow. Repeat. It goes quicker." He said to Abraham.

"Who are you people?" Sasha asked.

"I get the curiosity, but we have questions ourselves. And we'll be the ones asking them while we drive you back to wherever it is you call home. Take a gander- see where you hang your hats. First though, your shit. What have you got for us?" He looked at me.

"Yeah, you just took it." I growled at him.

"Come on. I mean, can we not? 'Kay? There's more. There's always more. T?" He sighed. "Take my man to the back of the truck start inside the back bumper, work your way to the front." His friend came walking over, then pushing me hard, making me turn around wand show him the back of the truck.

"Go."

Sasha's *POV*

"Bite. Chew. Swallow. Repeat." The guy sat on his bike looking at us and then at his gun, once Daryl left with his friend.

"Who's Negan?" Abraham asked.

"Ding dong, hells bells." He sung, raising his gun to Abraham, making me stand up straight. "You see, usually, we introduce ourselves by just poppin' one of you right off the bat, but you seem like reasonable people. Your dressed in sport blue for Christ's sake. And like I said- we're gonna drive you back to where you were. And you know how awkward it is, carpooling with someone who's friend you just killed? Oof, But I told you, not to ask any questions. Then what does this chick do?" He nodded at me. "So, that's that. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me." He clicked his gun getting ready to shoot.

"Wait!" I shouted. I closed my eyes and sighed, then opened them up again. "Wait. You don't have to do this." He then pulled out another gun and pointed it at both of us.

"Shut up." Abraham mumbled to me.

"I am talking to the man." I turned my head to him, whispering.

"No. You're not." He said. My heart began to pound as I stood next to Abraham with a gun from far away being pointed at us. Within seconds, he dropped both of the guns and gave us a sincere look.

"I'm not gonna kill you." the guy sighed, slouching his shoulders. I sighed in relief and looked at Abraham and back at the guy. "Wait, wait. You know what? "Yes, I am. Then BOOM.

Abraham and I got pushed back by the explosion, leaving us on the ground. I looked up and saw the dead bodies around the floor, burnt and all unattached from their bodies. I sat up with Abraham and groaned. I stood up to see Daryl walking up to us with an RPG in his hands, still pointed in the direction. I smiled widely at Daryl who just saved our lives.

"Son of a bitch was tougher than he looked." Daryl said, as we walked towards the side of the truck, seeing the guy on the floor who was with Daryl before.

"Did he cut you?" I asked.

"A little." He turned around, revealing a stab wound on the bag of his shoulder, right on the angel wing of his leather vest. "What a bunch of assholes." He mumbled.