55. Guilt

When everyone had woken up in the early morning, they had been working hard as ever

When everyone had woken up in the early morning, they had been working hard as ever. It was only a matter of time until the saviors showed up, or even Negan himself.  The farmers continued to farm, making sure they had enough vegetables and fruit for themselves, doctor and medical helpers gathered and secured first aid to prepare for what's to come. And of course, training with self defense, how to fight, and use of weapons had continued as more people were eager to learn and protect each other.

Maggie has been teaching everyone how to handle knifes during fights, and how to not hurt yourself during those potential dangerous fights between them and the saviors.

When Alex had woke up that morning from a useless, tossing and turning filled sleep, she got dressed- of course in a Daryl flannel she had kept to herself, and went out to find Maggie for today's lessons and training with knifes.

"Hey there." Maggie greets Alex, as she begins to set up the knifes for the people of hilltop, making sure they're in their covers so that no one gets hurt.

"How you feeling?"

"Fine. Morning sickness here and there, but I'll manage. Ready for today?" Maggie asks, as she smiles which seems like one of the first in a while.

"Yeah, I think I am!" She smiles back. "Ready for today, but not so much for what's to come."

Maggie stops gathering the weapons as she watches Alex's face. "I don't think any of us are, so just keep it in mind that you're not the only one and hopefully that'll ease your mind."

It didn't ease her mind. Maybe just in that moment, but in all honesty, in Alex's head, she was worried sick for everyone. Knowing that everyone's life was at risk and made her stomach flutter with nerves and her thoughts running.

It all began with Maggie firmly explaining how to hold and keep the knife ready for a fight.

"Remember, don't hold it where it's visible for them to see you coming to fight back." Maggie explains, as
Alex stands next to Enid, as they both watch intently, ready to comply to Maggie's orders. "Hold it low, keep the blade pointed forward."

A good amount of people from hilltop had joined, taking it seriously, which made Maggie and the rest of the group proud that everyone had hope.

"You have to keep the knife between you and the person. Don't attack, you wait until they come to you." She continues. "You can't be scared. You have to be willing to hurt or even get ready to kill. Can't think twice about it."

Demonstrations on how to use a knife were being shown as the people paid close attention. Although Jesus handled how to fight properly, everything was pretty similar. Alex never realized until now, how powerful they could all be if they really stayed focus and keep the power on their side when this war starts.