26. Hilltop

"We survive this by pulling together." - Rick Grimes

Alexandra's *POV*

"You look pretty hot when you fix things." I smiled, looking at Daryl fix up a part of the RV.

"Yeah well, you better get used to it and the dirtiness that comes with it." He laughed. I shot my head up and raised my eyebrows, giving him a smirk. "Didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, sure you did. Denise! Hey."

"Alex, hey." She smiled, as she stood next to Daryl as I approached them near the RV.

"You have a bandaid on you? I peeled a cuticle and it's bleeding." I laughed. "Have done this ever since I was little."

"Yeah I do." She laughed, giving me a bandaid. "Oh, here." She handed Daryl a bag of something.

"Homemade oat cake. Complex carbohydrates, omega-3's." She said.

"Nah, I'm good." Daryl said. "We're gonna make a pit stop. I'll pick something up then."

"Like... Rabies?" She said, as I started to laugh.

"Is this cause I tried to get you this stuff?" Daryl asked.

"Yeah." She looked away. "And... You remind me of someone I used to know."

"Well..." Daryl took the bag from her, shoving it down his pocket. "I hope it taste better than it looks. Cause, it looks like shit." He tried lightening up the mood, but she stood quiet.

"Shits still better than road kill." She snapped back, giving a smile. "Okay, maybe- just eat it." She stumbled over her words and turned and walked away.

"She's adorable. I like her." I smiled, pushing Daryl in the arm. I saw Rick talking to Carl, then walking away towards us near then entrance to the RV.

"I'll see you in a minute." I said to Daryl, walking towards Rick.

"Yo, Rick." Sasha and Bob are staying back?" I asked Rick. I laughed at myself saying 'yo', making me feel like Daryl for a second.

"Yeah, Carl and Carol too. We need people here." He answered. "Ryan as well. He's done good in my eyes."

"Yeah. Judith's okay?" I asked.

"Never been better." He smiled, looking at Carl holding Judith.

"And Carl?" I smiled.

"I think he'll be fine. Just fine." He kept his smile on, the looked back at me. "Get ready to leave in a few." I nodded and walked away.

"Let's chew up some asphalt!" Abraham yelled.

We entered the RV, taking our weapons with us. I sat down next to Daryl, thigh to thigh. His hand made its way to hold on my thigh, as we sat there, waiting for Rick to come and drive.

"Wait...wait a minute. When did that happen?" I asked, looking at Rick putting his hand on Michonne's, while driving the RV.

"Hm?" Daryl mumbled, looking at me while his hand was resting on my thigh.

"Those two." I laughed.