25. The Living Side

"We're on the same side- the living side."

Daryl's *POV*

I ran up the stairs of Rick's home, along with Glenn, Maggie, Rosita, Abraham following behind.

"It's- it's okay." Michonne said, approaching the steps standing next to a shirtless Rick, and Carl with his gun pointed to Jesus. We all exchanged some looks to each other.

"You said we should talk." Rick spoke to Jesus. "So, let's talk." We kept our guns up, myself being furious at him getting away.

"Someone should get Alex... Let her know what's going on." Glenn whispered.

"I got it." I said.

Alexandra's *POV*

"What the-"

"Sh, baby. Its just me." I calmed down at the voice of Daryl, when he woke me up, almost giving me a heart attack.

"You're back." I smiled. "Is everything okay?" I sat up in the bed, leaning over to grab his arm.

"Get dressed, come find out yourself." He said, getting up and walking out the room.

"Hey." He turned around. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, Lex. I am."

"Okay."
-
Rick's dinning room was filled with up with Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Michonne,

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asked the guy.

"One guard can't cover." He said. Daryl left my side and walked over behind him. "Can't cover two exists or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?"

"Right." Daryl said.

"I checked out your Arsenal."

"Interested?" I asked, squinting my eyes at the dude.

"I haven't seen anything like that in a long time." He ignored me. "You're well equipped but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. Fifty four?"

"More than that." Maggie said, calmly. I watched the guy from across the table as I stood up against the wall, with my arms crossed and my left foot crossed over the right one.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie." He looked around. "My compliments to the chef."

"Yeah, she ain't here." Daryl said, stepping over to him.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side. The living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't."

Why didn't you, Daryl. I thought. If you did, we wouldn't have this dude here creating- or even starting an issue.

"I'm from a place that's a lot like this one." He continued to talk. "Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things. And both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong."

"You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

"Do you have food?" Glenn asked.

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." He answered.

"Tell us why we should believe you." Rick said.

"I'll show you. We take a car, I can take you back home in a day. And you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." He said.

"Wait- you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie asked.

"Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger." He said, sitting back and looking at all of us, smiling.

--
A/N:

Updating later this weekend!

Vote, Comment & follow! Love you all. Thanks!
Xox