50. Reuniting Hearts that Will Carry On

IM BACK AND SO IS THIS DAMN STORY! ❤️

As the sun was getting ready to set, Maggie sat down in front of Glenn's grave, thinking about him, the baby and the future

As the sun was getting ready to set, Maggie sat down in front of Glenn's grave, thinking about him, the baby and the future. She stared at the rocks that piled upon each other, over the mound of dirt. Alex watched her friend alone, wishing she could do something, anything to comfort her without overbearing sadness on her. When Maggie stood up, Alex approached her with a soft smile, as her hands were tucked away in her sweater.

Maggie smiled, "Hey."

"How are you feeling? How's the baby?" Alex asked.

"I'm doing fine. A bit weak, but I know everything's fine. I just want to see the baby." Maggie patted her small stomach, as she smiled.

"Me too. My best friends child..." Alex shook her head as she smiled, thinking about Glenn. "This baby is going to be so loved."

"Yeah, well she's going to have a really great aunt." Maggie smirked, as she looked in Alex's eyes, waiting for her to realize what she had just said.

"Yeah-" Alex averted her eyes from Maggie's stomach to her eyes. "Wait, did I hear that just right? I'm going to be an aunt?"

"A godmother, an aunt. Hoping Daryl won't get jealous in the future with all the time you'll be spending with this kid." Maggie laughed, a real one, for the first time in so long.

Alex was stunned for a moment, surprised that Maggie thought about this, chose her. "Me?"

Maggie grabbed Alex's hands and stepped forward.

"Glenn would've wanted you to be apart of this child's life. Although this baby is going to be surrounded by everyone, this family, you'll be such an important role in its life."

Alex pulled on Maggie's hands and brought her into a hug. Crying, she sighed into her shoulder. "Maggie... thank you. I love you." Alex unwraps herself from Maggie's body and places a hand on her stomach. "I love you too, girl or boy," she laughs. "I can't wait."

"This place... Hilltop. It's going to change." Maggie states. "It's gonna get better, I just know it."

Before Alex could respond, Maggie hears one of the guards call out her name. She turns around and walks to one of the posts and climbs up, and once she reaches the top, her demeanor changes.

"Is everything okay?" Alex begins to worry.

"Yeah! I think so." Maggie calls out, turning her head around. "Go find Jesus."

Alex obliges and moves quickly towards the white house behind the trailers to find Jesus. Although Maggie's answer didn't seem to be intertwined with fear, Alex stayed on alert.

Immediately finding Jesus, she rushes to his side.

"Oh! Alex, good,  I wanted to talk-"

"Not right now," Alex raised her eyebrows, the inconvenience lingering in front of her. "Maggie's on post. Someones here. I don't know if it's threatening, she didn't say."

"She didn't say?" Jesus asked.

"I think it's best that you go to her. I should find Daryl and Sasha. We'll get out of the way, just in case it's Negan, or Simon." Alex explained.

"Just stand by. Don't be seen." Jesus said. "One of us will come get you."

"Thanks. We'll talk later, yeah?"

"Of course." Jesus smiled, then proceeded to keep his hand on the gun behind his back, and walk away towards the gates.

With his knife in hand, Daryl found his way to Alex, a gruff voice asking, "what's on?"

"I don't know, I think-"

"Alex!"

The two of you heard Jesus' voice, both immediately running towards the gate.

Stopping in your tracks, you see familiar faces. Maggie is holding on tight to Rick, as Jesus and Sasha stand by watching, as everyone starts to reunite after terrible events that were caused by Negan and his crew.

"Daryl. Let's go." Alex says, pushing on his arm, signaling to Rick.

"Alex!" She sees Carl, and runs to her favorite kid.

"Hey kid." She takes him in her arms, hugging Carl tightly. Carl ignores her nickname, kid, she's always called him, and settles for the hug

"Haven't seen you in days." Carl mutters. "Why'd you leave? Are you coming back?"

She pulled way. "I think here is where I need to be. There's far too many leaders in Alexandria." Alex means Carl. She sees the young man he's becoming, a real leader. Alex pats his hat and gets distracted by Michonne's big smile.

The group all also notice Rick and Daryl hugging each other. Alexs' heart began to beat, seeing the two brothers coming back together after everything they've been through, after Daryl being taken... it felt nice. Rick received his old gun back from Daryl, and their faces changed, as did their emotions.

All the smiles, finally showing up on their faces, representing the hope of a family getting ready to fight back and stay formed. This made a difference from the past few days. Alex had felt better, but those feelings still lingered around in her head. Daryl must've noticed and nodded his head for her to come by his side.

"Nice to see you again." Rick nodded, a grin upon his face.

"Yeah, likewise brother." Alex said. Looking at each other for a few seconds, they eventually hugged.

As everyone exchanges silent smiles, they all look at hilltop in front of them, as they gathered next to each other.

Alex sighs. "I'm guessing we have a ton of shit to do."

And with that, they make their way into the white column house, preparing for a war that lies ahead.

——————————————————-
RICK AND DARYL 😩😩 season 9 is gonna be intense!

I think this story might have 100 chapters ...? I have no clue. But it's looking like I'll have more than 60 😂
guys. college is stressful and I'm only in my second full month of school (I started late in August!)... I'm failing 2 classes (psychology and philosophy) and I know it's the beginning and you have to work your way up, but man these two classes are my hardest!