17. Scared & Hoping

Alexandra's *POV*

Alexandra's *POV*

After the weird dream I had woken up to, from my nap, I headed outside the house for fresh hair and to see if anyone needed help or anything from me. With the walkers still all around the walls and the people from Alexandria still scared, I couldn't help but feel scared too. I didn't want to feel that way and I definitely didn't want to be someone who just stood around doing nothing.

Ever since we got to Alexandria I thought things would be different. That things would be good and everything will finally turn around for us. But with some of the group still gone and not back yet, made me feel like things were going to get worse if they didn't come back yet. But, I needed to not lose hope, and not become weak. Walking out of the house, I saw Ryan alone in the distance near a tree.

I made my way towards him, with my hands in my pocket.

"Hey." He turned his head and stared just a little down on me.

"Alex." He smiled. "Everything alright?"

"Hopefully." A couple a seconds, almost a minute passed, as we just stood in silence.

"He's coming back you know." Ryan spoke. "He will. They all will."

"How are you so sure?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"I always see the way he looks at you. It's love. It's the way I looked at you, and it's the way I look at...Never mind, not important. But he's coming back, they all are." He said, looking at me and then at Rosita who was walking in the distance with Tara.

"She's with Abraham, you know that right?" I said, seeing the way he was looking at her.

"Yeah, I know. Never get lucky." I gave him a face and started to laugh. "Oh, not in that way, Lex. You know what I mean."

"Yeah, yeah. I do." I sighed after finishing my little laughs. "You'll always find someone else..."

"In this shit place of a world? I highly doubt that."

"Look around, Ry. Me and Daryl found love in this shit world. Maggie and Glenn..."

"I guess you're right."

"I always am." I said, joking so I could lighten up the mood. I tried to laugh, but instead I started to tear up.

"Hey, Lex..."

"I'm fine. I don't why I'm tearing up." I said.

"You're scared. I could see it in your face. The way you're trying to make a situation turn better by trying to make a joke..."