35. Things We End Up Doing

[LONG CHAPTER. VERY.]

Daryl's *POV*

I stood around my bike, alone, thinking about everything. I thought about Denise and things she's told me. I thought about her death; it replaying in my mind, and now I couldn't do anything. I sat down on the bike and took out the keychain that read Denise on it. After thinking about Denise, I couldn't help also think about Alex. She wasn't in our home when I woke up. I couldn't find her all day yesterday...

I got up and stuffed the keychain back into my pocket and made my around Alexandria, asking around for Alex.

"Have you seen Alex? It's been a day, and she's not at our home." I walked to some of the people and they nodded there heads. I asked around, and no one said they saw her. One of them said she probably just went on a run alone, but I didn't know what to do.

Seeing Rick's house, I ran up to it and knocked on the door twice, waiting for an answer. The door swung open, revealing Rick who looked like he just woke up.

"Daryl... What's up?"

"I know I should've said something yesterday, but I can't find Alex, is she here? Do you know where she is?" I asked Rick, as he stood there looking at me confused.

"You didn't see her when you went to bed?" Rick asked.

"I fell right out. Figured she would be there when I woke up. After Denise... I just went to sleep." I spoke, looking down.

"I haven't see her. If she doesn't show up today, we'll go looking for her-"

"We need to go looking for her now. She mentioned that she didn't want to be here anymore because of killing those men and she just- it's my fault Rick. I should've never let her went with us that night-"

"Daryl, Daryl. Come down. We're going to find her. Don't blame this on yourself. Okay. But we'll go out later- or even now but-"

"Forget it-" I said, leaving Rick and rushing to my bike.

I sat on my bike and turned it on, and rode all the way to the gates, getting ready to leave. Getting there, I walked off and got ready to pull the gates open myself.

"Where are you going?" Rosita asked.

"Out." I grunted, pulling the gate open.

"No shit. You got specifics?" Abraham asked from on the tower. I ignored him and hopped on my bike and drove off, leaving everyone else behind, not giving a shit.

Rick's *POV*

After Daryl had left, another knock came from my door. Opening it up, Tobin came walking in, giving me a piece of paper and looking blank on his face but still looking upset. Telling me what it was, I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door with Tobin, going to look for Daryl to tell him we should leave together to look for Alex who disappeared and for Carol who had also left.

"Alex is gone too," I told Tobin. "We need to find the both of them, before anything else happens."

"Yeah, we do." Tobin said.

"What time did she leave? Do you know what she took?" I asked him.

"Sometime in the night. I never heard her go, but she made a bunch of food, you know she took her pack, one of my coats-"