2.29 King of Fools

Start from the beginning

"Am I the only one whose confused or...?" Katara glances to Asha, then to the same direction she looks in.

"Welcome to my world." Toph grunts.  

"I'll explain later. Look!" Asha points her free arm, the other still in Aang's grasp as the rest of the group (except Toph) look.

"That's probably the Dai Li searching for us. So?" Sokka says, turning to Asha before he finishes.

"Let's fly!" 

___

Both animals let out an excited roar (Zulu trying to attempt the same in Raiko's lap, only to let out a squeak causing the blonde to coo), soaring through the sky. The original pilots fly with ease, the unfortunate passengers left gripping for dear life. 

"Can we please buy a new saddle?! Riding bareback is terrifying!" Asha laughs as she hears Toph cry out.   The group easily fly over any walls, only to descend as the spot a massive complex, surrounded by yet another wall. 

"There it is. That whole thing is the palace. The Earth King's chambers should be in the center."  Sokka points to the vast plaza in front on him. 

"We have to be careful. I would bet money that Long Feng's probably warned the King that we're coming." Raiko yells from his spot behind Asha.

"Why would you assume that? If you ask me, I think we're just gonna sail right in-" Sokka is cut off by his own yell, Aang instructing Appa to avoid a large stone that streaks past them, the dragon riders watching as the bison emerges from the cloud of dust left behind, a defiant growl bellowing out. 

"What was that?!" 

"Surface to air rocks!"  Sokka cries in alarm, more rocks approaching them.  Asha grips her staff tightly, pulling it out and destroying an incoming rock with ease. Climbing to the top of Gumi's head, Raiko scooting to take the reigns, still holding onto Zulu, she watches carefully and skillfully, praying her bending doesn't fail her now.  Holstering her staff, Asha crouches, reaching to grip her dragons horn as he evades more boulders. She can hear Sokka scream, causing the girl to look over. 

Asha watches as Aang remains stone faced, staring in front of him as a boulder approaches. Without looking, Aang backhands the boulder, almost casually, shattering the incoming boulder. Asha can feel a blush heat up her cheeks as she sits back, completely in awe. 

'Wow.'  

Her thought causes Aang to look over to her, his own cheeks flaring as he smirks, watching as she looks away, a blushing stuttering mess before she can pull herself back.

He's pulled back only to split a boulder with his own staff, quick to  check back to Asha, the girl unfolding her glider.  The Onsra flies down, taking out some of the Dai Li with shock waves of Earth, lessening the amount of boulders being flung as Appa and Gumi land.  Aang helps the landing animals, using his staff to create his own shock wave to knock back more troops, flinging them back like old rag-dolls.  

Catching up to his Onsra, Aang walks in front of Appa and Gumi, the others following behind.  More Earth benders line up on either side of the path, acting in unison as they bend stones at the group.  The air benders swipe at them, knocking them from their projection paths as Toph throws stones of her own to counter them.  

Grabbing her staff once more, Asha twirls it gracefully around her body, causing the large stone blocks of the walkway to rotate, shielding the group from incoming attacks. She can hear the sharp crack of various water whips, the crumbling of other stones behind her, and the grunts of soldiers being hit; the cry of apologies from Katara, Raiko chastising her, the growl and roars of Appa and Gumi. Yet, it's almost on deaf ears. As Asha continues twirling her staff, a low hum takes over the noise, her heartbeat becoming almost deafening in her mind. No thoughts coming to her, almost a robotic control taking over her body.