I look up at Liam who didn't yet acknowledge the fact I was talking to him, he hasn't even said a word to anyone since yesterday. 

"You look upset..." I say. He looks up at me, then back at his empty plate. 

"I can't help but think of Danielle, I don't think she likes me as much as I expected..." he pauses, "I think she loves Niall."

Liam places his head on the round table. I know Niall and Danielle are in love, everyone knew that but Liam.

I can see he's slowly realizing that the girl of his dreams just doesn't feel the same. I'm crushed to see him like this...

"That night at Danielle's house, she just disappeared, as did Niall. I know they were together, I think everyone knew. I didn't talk to Niall about it, neither did I talk with Dan. Zayn..." Liam looks up at me with a face I've never seen before. "It hurts so much." 

 "You should talk to her." I suggest.

"What?" 

"You should talk to Danielle, trust me." 

"About what, Zayn, how much I adore her and how I honestly believed she felt the same, but in the end fell for one of my best friends?"

"It will make things better, I promise." 

Liam, holding back obvious tears, pulls out his cell phone and texts Danielle. "When are we leaving for London?" he asks. 

"Tomorrow."

* *  * *

Danielle POV

There he is, sitting on small bench on the deserted boardwalk where he told me to meet him, his brown eyes watching me as I sit beside him under the moonlight. I feel the freezing bench from under my thighs, I shouldn't have worn a skirt...

"What's going on?" I ask, he seems a bit nervous.

"You and Niall, huh..." he says without making eye contact.  

"Liam... I - "

"It's fine," he cut me off. "You don't love me, I understand." 

"No. You don't." I look down at the floor, then back up at Liam's face, who is staring down at his shoes. 

"When I first met you, I thought I fell for you, I probably did. You made me feel important and cared about. You went out of your way to buy me a smoothie when you didn't even know me and I was a bit of a fangirling mess. You even brought me to a private concert rehearsal! And then I met Niall... With Niall, there was instant chemistry, even Harry had taken notice. Niall and I have something so special, something I've never felt before. I have a similar feeling when I'm around you, though in a friendlier kind of way. You have no idea how it kills me inside, Liam, it kills me to see you upset because of me. I love Niall. I can't change that, but I don't want you to be sad...  Niall feels just as bad about this, he knows how you felt about me, even before I did. He didn't want to tell you because he knew it would hurt you, that's the last thing he wanted to do. I don't know if you've noticed anything but Cody likes me as well, but I don't feel the same either. That hurts too, Liam. I know what you are going through is very hard, but aren't we all suffering from this? You're leaving tomorrow... I don't want you leaving broken hearted. I want you to know that I love you, Liam, just as I love Harry, Zayn, Louis & Niall. But we can't be together."

Liam looks up at me, teary-eyed.

"I...I..." Not letting him find his words, I gently kiss him on the cheek, causing him to blush.

"You'll find another girl Liam, I know you will. You're adorable and sweet, any girl would be lucky to have you as boyfriend." He smiles cutely, then becomes serious again.