Chapter 16: Upstairs

Niall POV

The lads and I walk into Danielle's home in admiration of the tropical theme. Lou and Haz seemed particularly interested in the giant fish tank across the room. The moment we all come in, the two run over to the fish and start tapping on the glass. I can't say I don't want to join them, but I want to make a good impression on Danielle. 

"I'm sorry, those two can be a little childish..." Liam says to her, making me jealous at the sight of him just talking to her.

"Don't worry about it, I've spent my fair share of time poking at those fish since I've moved here." she smiles. 

That smile...

"What a nice place you have here!" I say butting into their soon-to-be conversation. 

"Thank you!" Danielle replies, proud of her new place. 

* *  * *

The night goes on amazingly, we all talked over a sushi dinner, then roasted marshmellows and now everyone's just chilling together, enjoying the night.

I finally got to meet Eleanor, she's such an awesome girl. Her and I got to chill near the outdoor fireplace on the back porch while Danielle, Liam, Louis and Harry played ping-pong. Zayn and Cody are over on the couch, searching for possible stalker candidates.

I feel bad that Zayn has this creeper girl following him around, though in a way it's a sign of admiration... Never the less it's just plain weird.

I stare deeply into the fire, admiring each little spark that floats up into the air and fades away into nothing. I don't really know what to say to Eleanor at this point. We had talked for a long while, mostly about the band and such, but I have no more conversation ideas. The silence is becoming a wee bit awkward. 

"You know, Danielle really loves you..." she says breaking the silence, before casually taking a sip of her Brisk ice tea. 

I look up from the fire at Eleanor, the light of the fire reflecting off her face. "She does?"

The girl nods her head, signaling a yes. "She thinks about you all the time... at least she does when I'm around... All she ever talks about is you and the boys, but especially you and Liam."

My heart sinks the moment she mentions Liam. I think for a moment before responding...

"Who does she love... me or Liam?" 

Eleanor hesitates, "I'm not Danielle, so obviously I can't answer that... I do know she cares a lot for you both and she knows that you both have feelings for her. It tears her appart. She knows she has to choose between you two."

"I have to make her fall in love with me..." I murmur to myself. I wasn't sure if Danielle even liked me in that way at first. After all, she's very more often with Liam.

I think back at the first time I set eyes on her; she and Harry were walking towards me, she looked absolutely stunning. I then think of our dance to 'Break Even'... the second most magical moment of my life.

The first most magical moment of my life was at beach with Danielle when we went for ice cream and ended up kissing on the palm tree.

Danielle and I are meant to be, I know it... but I have to win her heart before she falls harder for Liam.

Louis POV

Harry and I lose at every ping-pong game we've played against Danielle and Liam so far, he has no coordination what so ever, which explains why he falls quite often. We watch the two as they mock us, exagerating our movements and making strange sounds.