Chapter 11: Liam Payne's Mystery Girl

“Are you serious?!” says Eleanor in a panicky tone.

“Yup… I'm now ‘Liam Payne’s mystery girl’. I’d really like to see that article about the date and the pictures that were posted.”

I text Jenna asking her to send me the website to my phone. A few seconds later, she sends me the link to the article. It read…

_______________________________________________________

LIAM PAYNE: SMOOTHIE DATE WITH MYSTERY GIRL

Liam Payne was spotted 3 weeks ago at a Jugo Juice smoothie bar in LA with an unknown girl. The two seemed to be having a great time enjoying each other’s company while sipping on smoothies. The One Direction star had also been spotted leaving his hotel with her and stopped to take a few pics with some lucky fans (as did his date). 

New girlfriend? Who knows! Hopefully, we will get info on who Liam’s new girl is soon!

_______________________________________________________ 

The photos were either of Liam and I walking, sitting and drinking our smoothies, or talking. Plus the pictures of Liam with the fans and the one with Christina and I.

Christina told me at Cody’s party that she felt bad about posting the picture, but it's okay I guess, I know it wasn’t her fault.

“You’re very photogenic.” says Eleanor observing the pictures. “And you know, it’s not a bad thing that people think you’re dating Liam… It might be really interesting! Everyone will know you, and you might even get noticed for your dancing!”

The thought of people knowing me for my dancing made happy. The thought about dating Liam did as well.

“But I’m not dating him!” I protest. “It’s wrong, I can’t just say that I am, and what if this gets out of hand? Like, people start to hate me?”

“Why would they hate you? You’re amazing!”

“Jealousy I guess, not that they have any reason at all to be jealous of me, but you know, if girls think I’m dating Liam Payne they might get all mean.”

“Well, to be honest, I am a little jealous that you know One Direction, but NEVER to the point of hating you!” Eleanor says to comfort me. “Directioners can be harsh… But dude, nothing’s happened yet! Let’s just hope this passes over.”

I shrug. 

“I guess you’re right, thank you.” I hug my friend.

She makes me feel so much better! She is right though, what am I so worried about? It’s not like it’s a bad thing that I know Liam and the boys, and I'm not dating him or anything, not that I wouldn't want to... Things will be good, I’m sure.

All of a sudden, these random girls run up to El and I. “Are you Danielle?” asks one of the two girls.

Eleanor and I look at each other with confused expressions. 

“Um, yes… Do I know you?” 

“No, but we know you! You were with Liam a while ago!” Wow, the news spreads fast.

“Yes, I was. May I ask how you know my name?” It's kinda strange how they would know my name already...

“We saw it on Twitter, apparently you’re from Boston too, right? Can we have your autograph? Can we meet Liam? Where is he? And the other boys?!”

This is a little too much now... I then stand up.

“Not to be rude but I can’t really answer certain things.” I start. "Yes, I went out with Liam, but we aren't dating... I was just casual. No, you can't meet him now, sorry, and yes, I'm from Boston. Where did you find all this on Twitter? Who’s account?”