Chapter 03: Eleanor

I slept so well last night after my date with Liam. I had dreamt of kissing Niall on Venice Beach at midnight after an ice cream... AKJFNDSLNBR it was amazing!

I'm surprised that I didn't dream of Liam though since it was him that I was with yesterday.

Never the less, it was an awesome dream!

Inspired by my dream, I decide to have a beach day today. I really have to work on my tan.

I change into my nicest bikini then grab my longboard, tanning lotion and beach bag, then head to the hotel's breakfast buffet to grab a banana.

Argh! I just realised that I forgot my iPod upstairs so I run back up to get it...

My hotel is right in front of the beach so it took me about 2 minutes to get there. I set up my towel on the sand, turn on some music (One Direction of course!) and grab my tanning lotion.  

"Need some help with that?" says a voice coming from behind me.

I look back and see this girl who looks to be around my age, 18, smiling down at me. "Hi, my name's Eleanor!" she says.

I usually would say no thanks to the whole random-girl-applying-lotion-to-my-back thing, but she seemed sweet and just wanted to help. "Sure, thanks! I'm Danielle."

I hand her my tanning lotion and she starts putting it on my back, it's pretty awkward to be honest but it's better than looking retarded while attempting to do it by myself... I really can't get back there.

"You from around here?" Eleanor asks while finishing up my back.

"No, actually, I'm staying at the Inn right there," I point to my hotel. "I came looking for an apartment, I'm moving here." 

"That's so cool! You'll love it, the weather's pretty great, beach is sick and the guys are so hot!"

She puts her towel next to mine and sits down. "May I join you?"  

"Of course!" I say, "I can't just let you lotion up my back and not let you stay!"

She smiles. 

"I heard One Direction are in town," My eyes widen, she definitely caught my attention. "I don't know what hotel they are staying at but I want to find out! You know Niall? AH! I adore him! Harry's hair is so perfect! You know, you kind of have a girl version of his hair."  

"Thanks, and Niall's my favorite too!" I say.

We then scream a little bit over the boys' beauty.  

"So if you're not from here, where are you from?" she asks me. 

"Boston, I've always dreamed of coming to California and attending a dance school."

I finish putting tanning lotion on my legs and lay down next to Eleanor, 'Na Na Na' playing from my iPod.

I hadn't taken notice at first, but wow, she's so beautiful! She has such perfect, long, brown hair and a gorgeous smile. She's in great shape too, I wonder if she's a model...

I wouldn't be surprised if she was. 

"I love your name." I say to break the silence.  

"Why thanks, I love yours too!" We continue talking while checking out guys, and yes she was right, they are REALLY good looking here.

In Boston, they all look the same, wearing either a Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots or Bruins shirt. I'm not much of a sports fan so most guys were a turn off.

Eleanor's phone rings.

"Hello?"

I continue tanning and listening to One Direction, still thinking about last night. Did Liam mean it when he wanted to hang out again? Come to think of it, I didn't even get his number! I grab my bag and dig to find my phone out to check the time.

Where is it?

I search and search but it's not there! Worried, I dump everything out onto my partially sandy towel. "My phone isn't here anymore!" I say frantically.

Eleanor hangs up, "Really? Where was it last time you had it?" 

"Last night in my bag, I had gotten a text while I was on a date with - " I couldn't tell her about Liam!

"Uhh... A guy.." 

She shoves me playfully, "Oooh, a date!" She winks. "Who is this guy?"  

"Um... Nobody important..." I mumble. "Anyway, I had my phone last night with him... It's not here now!" 

"Did you have it when you got back to your room?" 

"I didn't check my bag, " I say stupidly. "I'm sorry I have to go find my phone!"

I stand up and pick up my things.

"Hey! My friend Cody is having a party Saturday night, you wanna come?" 

"Sure! Of course!" 

"Awesome, here's my number, " She hands me a piece of paper. "Text me if ever you find your phone and I'll send you the info!"  

"Thanks!" I smile. "Sorry I'm leaving already, I have a lot of important stuff on that phone!" I say sounding all rushy. 

"Don't worry, haha, later!" 

Eleanor waves to me as I run across the street half naked in my bikini. I only realised I was just wearing my bathing suit when I ran through the hotel lobby and saw my reflection.

Heck, I'm in California, not Boston. People walk around half naked all the time here anyway...

WHERE'S MY PHONE ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's a freaking Black Berry, why wouldn't anybody want to steal it?

I'm on the verge of tears when out of nowhere, my sister's cell phone rings, I guess she forgot it when she went shopping.

I guess there's no harm in me picking up the call... I glance at the number.

IT'S MY NUMBER!! SOMEBODY FOUND MY PHONE AND CALLED JENNA!!!! 

"Hello?" I answer all excited. 

"Hey Danielle! I believe I have found your phone." Said a familiar voice.

No way, it can't be him... 

"Liam?..."