Chapter 19: We're not together

Eleanor POV

Danielle is going crazy over Niall, she told me about how he demonstrated one of his trademark jumps in her dance class yesterday, apparently he was the cutest thing ever.

I watch her as she talks, pacing around my living room, grinning cheek to cheek, her eyes shine in adoration of the Irish boy... My best friend's absolutely smitten.

I find it funny how she isn't aware that I know of their little sleepover, like if she thinks that the two disappearing from the party was subtle.

I saw the way they were together that night, I could feel how much they love each other. I want those two to be together forever, no matter how far away they are.

Watching Danielle fuss over Niall makes me think of Louis, how happy she is, the look on her face, think ing of Lou makes me just the same.

"So what's going on with Liam?" I ask breaking her never ending Niall talk, interrupting my own thoughts as well. 

She turns to me and sighs, "This is so frustrating, I'm in love with Niall, Niall's in love with me, Liam is also in love with me... Niall and Liam are band mates and best friends! Liam thinks I love him just as much as he loves me, which I don't. I mean I do ... I love him, but not in the same way as I love Niall..." Danielle plops herself down onto the floor, rubbing her knees in anxiety. "And don't even get me started on Cody!" 

She cradles her head between her legs and once again lets out an exaggerated sigh. 

Cody's very subtle about loving Danielle now, but he often talks to me about her but I choose not to bring it up to her, I don't want to overwhelm her anymore than she is already.

Danielle suddenly bursts into tears, "I can't do this!"

I sit myself down on the floor next to her and gently pet her head to console her as she sobs into my lap. 

"If they all really love you, they'll want you to be happy and let you be with who you want to be. I saw you and Niall two nights ago... I know how much you love him. I can see that he loves you just as much."

Her cheeks become red. "You saw us on the roof?"

"Haha, yeah."  I wink.

Danielle bursts out into laughter, I'm happy she's to see her smiling again.

"And Louis?" she sniffs with a smile. "We always talk about me and my problems... what about you?"

A cheesy, lovey-dovey smile spreads across my face as I look down at the colorful rug from beneath us. "Well, I love him... a lot." I start. Danielle makes a small fan-girl type squeal. "But just like you and Niall, I don't know what's going to happen between us once he leaves. We talked about it briefly, and he told me not to think about the negative. I can't help but worry, I want to stay with Louis..."

My face becomes sad. Danielle hugs me, making me feel a tad bit better. "Take your own advice, don't worry El, he loves you."

Zayn POV

"Can you pass the yogurt?"

Liam lifelessly slides the overly sized container towards me, "Thanks mate." I take a large scoop of the vanilla yogurt and drop it into my small bowl, adding a few raspberries. Still looking down at my mush that is breakfast, I try to converse with the silent Liam in front of me.

"You know the weird texts I've been getting from this stalker girl? I think I know who she is... Well, I'm not too sure but Cody helped me quite a bit." I say with a mouth full of yogurt.