Chapter 06: Close Call Kiss

Kiss me. Kiss me. Kiss me... Man, I want him to.

I open my eyes and look into his.

“You’re a really good dancer.” I say cutely.

“Thanks, but your WAY better.” He smiles. I think we're gonna kiss…

Suddenly, we hear the door knob struggle to turn.

At light speed, we split up and jump onto the couch on completely different sides. My heart continues to beat extremely fast but not for the same reason… What if somebody saw us dancing?! Niall and I look at each other, I look away and I blush.

Liam walks through the door, “Hey! Danielle!” He says with a happily surprised tone.

I had a similar expression on my face but it was more out of a Holy-Shit-That-Was-Close-Face. I stand up and he hugs me. Awn Liam, he’s so cute! He hugs really well, I feel all warm and comfortable like I never want him to let go.

“I see you’ve met Niall!”

Still on the couch, Niall waves awkwardly to us, still as shaken up as I am.

“Have you met any of the other boys?” Liam asks me. 

“Harry actually got me in,” I start. “I had forgotton my pass back at the hotel and almost had to go home! Harry and I talked for a bit and then he introduced me to Niall who was getting a haircut. I also briefly met Zayn, well, he ran by Niall and I looking for Louis. Where is Louis anyway?”

“Lou stole Zayn’s phone that had some ‘questionable’ pictures on it.”

“I can’t imagine what’s on that thing, probably pics of his abs and what not.” Niall says through his laughs.

The more we talk about these pictures of Zayn, the more tempted to look at those photos I become.  Who wouldn’t want to see them? He is insanely good looking! 

Paul knocks on the already open and enters in the room.

“Half an hour before rehearsal boys, start getting ready. Oh and has anybody seen Louis?”

We shake our heads.

“Where can he possibly be?! What a child…”He walks out all frustrated and stressed.

“He’s gotta loosen up sometimes, but we love him anyway.” says Liam. He then looks at Niall and I. “I've just come to grab my shirt.” he says while grabbing his green cardigan of the small coffee table between Niall and I.

“What were you guys doing in here anyway?”

I look at Niall.

“Just getting to know each other over some cheese cubes!” He says, “Want one?” Niall picks up the cheese with a toothpick and offers it to Liam. 

“Sure, thanks mate!” he says while taking the cube then eating it. “I’m going to go find Louis, care to come?” he asks me.

“Of course! Niall, are you coming?”

“I’ll pass.” he says. “I have to go check my messages on my phone before rehearsal. I’ll meet you backstage before it starts.”

“Alright then.” says Liam as we leave the room and head down the long corridor.

“So, where do you think Louis is?” I ask Liam.

“I have literally no idea. He often hides on us to stress out management.” he laughs. “It’s quite funny.”

We hear a chuckle sound from behind us. It was actually kinda creepy…

“Louis?” says Liam. “Is that you?”

Louis’ head pops out from under a table cloth. “Please don’t tell Zayn that I'm here, I have his phone.”

“We won’t, hahaha, but rehearsal is in 20 minutes… You’ve got to get ready.” Liam continues.

“Yes mum.”

Louis gets out from under the table and hurries to his dressing room. Liam then looks back at me and sweetly tells me to go find my seat in the auditorium. “But I need my VIP pass to prove that I’m not some random fan…” I say.

“Don’t worry, people here know who you are now, they won’t kick you out or anything. I've got to go change, see you after the show.”

I imagine Liam changing against my will...

“Enjoy!” he winks. 

“Trust me, I will!”

I find my seet in the 7th row where I can see the stage perfectly.

I’m honestly in the biggest of shock right now… I’ve kept my calm this whole time, but all I can think about is how I'm a VIP at One Direction's concert rehearsal, I hugged Liam Payne, not once but twice, with whom I've also been on a smoothie date with. Harry Styles got me into their rehearsal without a backstage pass, I slowed danced with Niall Horan and we almost kissed and I am now sitting in the 7th row of an auditorium that will be filled with screaming girls in a few days. 

I'M LIKE, THE LUCKIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!

I can’t believe this is happening to me! Nothing ever happens to me!

All of a sudden the lights in the auditorium dim, the shows about to start. The music begins to play as I see Niall, Liam, Harry, Zayn and Louis run on stage.

The boys start to sing...

We’re like na, na, na…