Chapter 14: Surf's up

Thank you @Hornyhorses for the cool ideas i got :D (mentioning more about Cody and Zayn, don't worry, Zayn is coming up soon...)

REMINDER TO ALL: comment your ideas below, and the moment i mention it, i will dedicate that chappy to you ;) x

~ The ideas might not always pop up in the chapter after you tell me your idea, but they definitely will come up in future ones! x

_____________________________________________ 

Danielle POV

We arrive at Eleanor's house from the fair and she is an absolute mess. What's gotten into her?

"El..." I start as I close the door to her house behind us. "What's going on? Why are you crying?"

She looks up at me with tears gushing down her face. "To be honest, I don't know why I'm crying... It shouldn't matter to me that they're leaving but... it does... I think I really like Louis and - "

"Wait," I cut her off. "Who's leaving?"

"The boys."

My heart suddenly stops. "One Direction? What!?! When are they leaving?!"

"Next Sunday." Eleanor then begins to sob even more.

... One week.

Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis & Zayn are leaving California in one week.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to forget they don't live here! ... I can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for Liam and Niall... What's going to happen between us when they leave?

"Did Louis tell you this? Why didn't Liam or Niall mention it to me? Harry didn't say anything either and I haven't talked to Zayn very much yet." My eyes become blurry as I look at Eleanor, I try hard to hold back my tears.

 "Don't be mad at them, they had no idea... Louis had just found out a few days ago."

"They're... they're leaving."

I drop down onto Eleanor's bed right next to her and begin sobbing as well. I then get up to go to the washroom to wash my face because my makeup begins to burn my eyes. I look like a mess, I think to myself as I look in the mirror.

"El?" I call from her bathroom.

"Yes?" she sniffs in return.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Anytime, Dan." 

* *  * *

*Knocking noise*

I slightly open my eyes but quickly shut them at the sight of the bright morning sun. I sit up from the bed and attempt to re-open them.

"El, Eleanor..." I shake my friend, lying sound asleep next to me, her face, slightly puffy from all the crying last night.

"Mph" she groans without opening her eyes. "What is it..?" 

"I think somebody's at the door."

"Ughh.. Then answer it." she says under her breath as the rolls over and pulls all the covers from my side to hers.

I sigh as I get up and jog down the stairs in my grey tee and boxer shorts. I look out the window and see Cody standing by the door, shirtless as usual. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask him with a smile as I open the door.

"Hey Dan! I wanted to know if you and Eleanor were still up for that surfing day we had talked about?" I just then notice he was holding two surfboards, I must be tired to not have seen them.