Chapter 17: Moments

Dedicated to Leah, @boo_bear_be_mine,  because she's my best friend EVER. <3

And to Olivia, @Like69Beanies, cause she's my Californian twin <3

^ PLEASE READ BOTH OF THEIR FANFICS THEY ARE INCREDIBLE ^

 ___________________________________

Danielle POV

I find myself hand in hand with Niall, standing out on the roof of my new Californian home, surrounded by a comfortable breeze.

Out here is a large, outdoor futon set up in the center of the grass covered rooftop. There's a small radio on the ground next to the bed playing music off an unknown station and two other random chairs. All around us were many colorful flowers and plants, giving the space a little tropical flare.

The best part is the view from up here; the vast ocean spread out before us, the waves crashing gently onto the shore creating the most peaceful of sounds. Also, seeing as the sky is dark, the stars shine perfectly above our heads. 

"What is all this?" Niall says, impressed by the remarkable set up.

"You like it?" I smile up at him. "It's just a peaceful little place I found!"

I discovered this cute little area the other day while Cody, Jenna and El were helping me move in. I didn't tell anyone about it, I don't want them to know. I secretly made it my special place where I'd come and sit, just to get away from the world. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do tonight, get away with Niall, at least before he has to leave next Sunday. I don't even know for sure if he's aware of the fact that he'll be leaving on Sunday. It breaks my heart knowing Liam, Niall & the boys are leaving... 

We stand there quietly for a moment, no awkwardness in the air at all, we enjoy each other's company.

"I need to talk to you..." Niall says breaking the silence, his face suddenly seeming uneasy.

"Of course, here, let's sit down," I say leading him to the futon spread out like a bed, our bare feet feeling through the grass as we walk. "What's wrong?"

I sit on the left side of the bed and he sits himself down next to me on the right. I can see on his face that he really wants to talk... 

"I don't know if you know this but... the lads and I are going back on tour next Sunday."

Great, he knows... I don't want to cry in front of him, though as hard as I try, I feel the tears rush to my eyes. Be strong, Dan.

"I know... I don't want you to leave..."

He bites his lip and turns his head away from me. He watches the ocean for a moment. 

"I love you, Danielle." He suddenly says under his breath. Niall turns back to me and looks profoundly into my eyes, "I really do." 

Those words, his words. I can hear the sincerity in his voice, I can see it his bright blue eyes, they look the way they did when we kissed on the palm tree, shining brighter than every star above us.

My heart then skip's a beat as he puts his hand in mine. This is exactly the moment I've been waiting for.

That one, real moment.

The moment during which I decide if I truly need to be with him, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't rather be with anybody else right now. I care for Liam, a lot, and I know how he feels for me. I knew that between him and Niall, I would have to break somebody's heart. I don't think it would be possible to break Niall's... I just can't.