Chapter 08: Party Night

WHAT THE HECK?! I open my eyes and jump onto my feet. I see Jenna lying on my bed.

“JENNA!” I scream extremely pissed off. “WHY ARE YOU ON MY BED? WHY DID I JUST WAKE UP ON THE FLOOR?!”

She slowly opens her eyes, rolls over and stretches her arms letting out a little moaning sound. “My bed has a lump in it.”

... A lump…

“It wasn’t comfy so I pushed you off your bed and took it. It’s really a nice bed.” She smiles. “Where were you last night anyway? You got back at like 11…”

“WHO CARES?! WHY WOULD YOU PUSH ME OFF MY BED AND LEAVE ME ON THE FLOOR?” This girl is wack. I legit push her as hard as possible off my bed and she hits the floor. Satisfied, I jump back into my bed.

Finally, I get to relax after the crazy past few days...

bzzzzztt…Got a text…

Unknown: Yo Danielle! It’s Cody (; U still down 4 tonight?

Oh my god, I almost completely forgot! I get up from my bed to avoid falling back asleep.

Me: Hey! Of course I’m coming! :D how’d u get my number btw?

Cody: Eleanor txted it 2 me just in case :)

Me: okay cool see u tonight! :) (Simple but effective.)

I was so tired that I had once again forgotten about the party tonight. “What are those bags?” asks my annoyance of a little sister pointing at what I bought last night. “Nothing important.” I reply.

“Are you going out tonight? Can I come?”

“Yes, and no!” I snap.

“So… it’s a date am I right?”

“Wrong, it’s a party. Now please let me get ready.”

“Why can’t I come?” she asks. Well that’s a stupid question.

“I’m not bringing my 16 year old sister with me to an adult party. You never know what’s gonna happen.” I say trying to sound responsible when really I just don’t want her to embarrass me.

“Fine,” Jenna pouts like a three year old. “I’ll just go shopping… Oh yesterday, I met this guy –”

I discovered a technique to just tune her out and nod every once in a while. It works really well actually, and she doesn’t even realise I’m not listening… She just keeps talking.

*  *   *  *

I meet Eleanor in front of Starbucks at around 10:30, she runs up to me a hugs me.

“Hey!!! It’s been a while! How’s your elbow?” she glances towards my arm but I had bandaged up the gaff.

“It’s doing fine,” I say. “Wow! You look amazing!”

She’s wearing a light, salmon pink cover up type shirt that shows off her stunning bright coral colour bathing suit with white, high-waisted shorts that show off her flawless legs. She’s got these beautiful Micheal Kors flip-flops on and don’t even get me started on the perfection that is her hair. On top of all that, she is just drop dead gorgeous, all the guys will be on her tonight, guaranteed.

“Thanks! You’re so beautiful tonight, which is perfect because a certain somebody that goes by the name of Cody thinks you’re cute.” She winks and nudges me the way she did at the beach this week.