Chapter 02: Smoothie Date

Walking down the street next to Liam was quite interesting. We had about several girls come up to him freaking out, asking for autographs and photos. One girl even asked to take a picture with me!

I looked at Liam and he laughed. He thought it was a good idea, so I took a picture with the girl.

I can’t imagine living like that everyday, it must be exhausting. I'd feel obligated to always look my best, just in case somebody wants a picture.

Liam and I arrive at the smoothie bar where he buys my smoothie as promised – Mmm, banana-strawberry! – We talked for hours on end, it felt like we were sitting there forever. I couldn’t stop admiring how perfect he was.

Wow, it’s been so long that I’ve been worshiping him and the boys, and now look where I am! I'm enjoying the smoothie Liam bought me while having a wonderful conversation with him!

“It felt so awkward having random girls take pictures with me." I laugh. "I really enjoyed it!” 

“It’s quite fun actually, unless you’re having a bad day and you end up looking disgusting in front of the cameras.” he replies.

Damn, he’s gorgeous…

“You never look disgusting in pictures.” 

“Thank you!” He smiles. “I was right before, you’re very, very nice.”

I just got a complement from Liam Payne!! This is incredible! I swear if I’m dreaming, I'll die...

“You know, you’re so down to earth.” I say. “You would expect somebody as famous as you to be, you know, all celebrity like. It feels like I’m just talking to a normal person that I just happened to run into.”

“Hahaha, well, I am just a person.”

“I guess, but with a beautiful voice, millions of fans and is famous worldwide.” I answer, getting a little too close to fan-girling.

“We all have our special talents don’t we?” he says adorably.

“I honestly don’t think I have a talent…”

“Of course you do, you just haven’t discovered it yet. Is there anything you enjoy doing? A sport? Art?”

“I love to dance…” I say timidly.

“See! So you do have a talent! You know, even though it’s only been a few hours, it feels like I’ve known you for a very long time.” He smiles again. “And I bet you are an excellent dancer.”

The rest of the day went on and on, our conversations were always super interesting and never seemed to die down. 

Liam would tell me all sorts of things about being famous, good and bad, and would talk to me about Niall, Harry, Louis & Zayn. The boys seem so different from Liam's point of view compared to everything I see online.

I felt bad and a little embarrassed because I would just tell him stories about my boring life though, despite the lack of excitement, he seemed so interested. I don’t understand how he possibly could be, judging by the fact that I’m so average compared to the life of One Direction.

At around 10 o’clock, we decide to head back to the hotel. Liam walks me to my room on the fifth floor, his is on the eleventh.

“I had an amazing time with you today, Danielle. We should definitely hang out again sometime soon.”

The more time I spend with Liam, the less I seem to be freaking out over the fact that he is in One Direction. I’d often forget he was famous in the first place. 

“We really should.” I reply, smiling as I open the door to my room. “Goodnight” he says to me. “Goodnight Liam.” 

I close the door and watch him walk away through the peep-hole.

I then jump onto my uncomfortable, one of the two double beds and sigh with a big cheesy smile glued to my face. What an unbelievable night! I bumped into Liam Payne from One Direction in my hotel, we get a smoothie and end up really hitting it off!

I don’t know, but I think I really like Liam… Like, LIKE like him. I wonder if he would ever like me…

No way.

He could have any girl he wants in a flash, though Liam’s not like that. I might be thinking ahead of myself anyway. I’m so exhausted.

All of a sudden I hear a mumbling noise. “Dan, is that you?” 

I turn to see Jenna lying in her bed, sprawled out in one of her questionably strange sleeping positions.“The dude to fix the TV never came… I hate you.”

I’m honestly in no mood to argue with my sister, I’m just too happy right now. “Okay.” I sigh, showing the least of interest and emotion. I absolutely CANNOT let anybody know about what happened with Liam today, especially Jenna...

Tired as hell, I decide to jump into the shower.

Once in the bathroom, I kind of just stand there in front of the mirror observing myself, wondering if I’m Liam worthy.

He’s famous.

He could date models, actresses and other celebrities without any problem.

He wouldn’t consider somebody like me... Also I’m looking a little flabby. I need to work out or go on a diet or something before I get too paranoid. As I get into the shower, the biggest of things occurs to me. If Liam Payne is in my hotel, that must mean all of One Direction are in my hotel!!! 

I scream at the top of my lungs, unaware of what trouble that would cause until after the matter.

My sister bursts through the bathroom door holding the television remote like a baseball bat in her hands.

“WHAT’S GOING ON?!” she screeches.

“NOTHING!!” I blurt out in response. “NOW GET OUT, PLEASE!” Obviously, I’m staring at her from behind my curtain having a major heart attack.

“Dammit!  Don’t scream like that for no reason! I thought you were dying in here!”

“Sorry, the water came out really cold.” I say.

Jenna leaves and closes the door behind her. I get back to washing my hair and thinking...

One Direction is in my hotel and I’ve already hung out with Liam... Man, I hope I get to meet the other boys, especially Niall! I’ve been in love with him ever since I’ve heard of them about a year ago.

I finish up my shower and head to sleep with Liam’s beautiful face plastered in my thoughts.