Chapter 10: He likes me?!

Last night was incredible.

Singing by the fire with a bunch of people was amazing and as I had hoped, I met quite a few people. Hanging out with Eleanor was great too, we made plans to see each other later today. I know she’s going to ask me A LOT about One Direction but I’m ready to spill, I trust her more than anyone right now.

I’m kind of worried about Cody… He’s so nice, I hope he doesn’t become all awkward around me because I turned him down last night. I really want to be close friends, just close friends.

I get up and change into a pink tank top, gray sweats and my Adidas shoes. Stupid as I am, I had forgotten that my dance class starts today at 12.  I grab my dance bag and head down to the lobby. I look at my phone and notice I’m 2 hours early. No wonder I’m so tired, the time on the clock was wrong in my room! I guess I should complain…

Haha, nah… I want Jenna to freak when she wakes up.

To kill some time before I head to the dance studio, I go to the hotel buffet for a coffee, it’s not as good as the Starbucks down the street but it’s drinkable. I add my sugar and milk, I usually put a little vanilla but you know, it’s no Starbucks, and I sit down at a small round table with my coffee and blueberry muffin.

“Danielle!” I hear. I turn around and smile as I see Harry walking over to me with some crappy hotel coffee in his hand as well.

“Hey Harry!” I say.

“How are you? It’s been a while.” He sits across from me at the small table. 

I have to say, his hair looks amazing while I’m there sitting with my lazy bun and no makeup…

Damn, I must be hot.

“I’m good you?”

“Great! Hey, did you enjoy the rehearsal last week? We didn’t get a chance to talk that much after I left you and Niall.”

Just hearing Niall’s name is perfect... 

“I adored it! You guys are so incredible on stage!”

Harry smiles.

“Thanks! Danielle, um, I don’t know if I should tell you this…” he starts. All my attention is suddenly on Harry, he’s going to tell me something I shouldn’t know, oh my God.

“… Niall told me all about what happened in his dressing room, you know, the dancing.”

I stare blankly at Harry for a moment... Well this is... yep.

He laughs, “You know, he really likes you.”

…………….. What?!?!?! …WHAT?!?!?!

“N… Niall likes me?” I say in complete and udder shock at what the cheeky boy across from me is saying.

“You know when we got backstage and we saw Lou giving Niall a haircut? Well, I had seen the way he looked at you when I called him, his eyes just lit up. I decided to leave you guys alone so you two could get to know each other.”

Harry you sweet, adorable son of a gun.

“I then saw you two talking after the rehearsal, so I went to him after you had left and asked him what that was about. All he could say was how amazing and beautiful you were. He then told me what happened backstage.”

Wow… I can’t even take in what Harry's saying right now. I find myself staring at the Ralph Lauren logo on his polo as I try to comprehend the situation.

“He… He likes me!” I smile widely and look up into Harry's eyes from the logo on his shirt.

“Haha, all the lads know.” he says. “Except Liam, he seems to like you as well, that’s why Niall hasn’t said anything, he feels kind of bad seeing as you're Liam's friend.”

“Wow. Wait, so Niall AND Liam like me???”

He’s gotta be pulling some prank on me or something, this can’t be true. I’m nothing like the type of girls they could get. I mean, I’m normal! I’m not a model or a singer or an actress… I’m just Danielle.

“I’m afraid so!” he smiles. “I have to go now, hopefully we’ll bump into each other soon. See you!”

“Later!” Harry gets up and walks away, leaving me in awe of the situation.

Liam and Niall like me, and on top of that there’s Cody who also likes me! What’s so interesting about me?

I can’t believe this.

I gulp down the rest of my coffee in one shot in hope to wake me from this dream that seems to be teasing me... No success... This must be real.

How am I going to explain this to Eleanor?

Should I?

What about Cody?

How am I to choose between boys!?

I get up and throw out my empty small Dixie cup and leave for my dance class.

** **  After dance class, at the beach with Eleanor  ** **

Jenna calls…

Me: Hello?

Jenna: Hey, it’s Jenna. I have to ask you something.

Me: Yes?

Jenna: I just saw this article online. It’s about Liam Payne from One Direction on a date with some mystery girl… There's a picture of you and Liam.

Me: …

Jenna: There’s also this pic that some girl took with you… Apparently her name is Christina? I don’t understand. Dan, what’s going on?

Me: Um… – The pictures got out! Shit! I honestly don’t know what to answer her. I didn’t think anything would come up about the date! – I have to go… I’ll, uhh, see you later.

I then hang up nervously.

“What’s going on?” says Eleanor. “Who was that?”

“My sister…”

“And? …” She looks confused.

I take a deep breath in and look her with an uneasy face.

“The pictures of Liam and I got out.”