Ok woo is like someone don't want her little secret to be out.

Suit yourself 😉

* * * *

It is like a tradition, whenever you are getting married when the groom's family are visiting your house you have to fle to another house so that they will not see you.

But I couldn't do that, even after Fatin calling to ask whether am coming to her house or am going to the shop but I told her I will be at home.

Am nervous and anxious at the same time, I don't want history to repeat itself, I remember clearly on how Engineer send his friends instead of his family, so I want to see for myself who are coming to our house as Smart family.

As schedule around 2:00 pm Gaddaf come to inform us that Smart family are here and my heart beet automatically increases.

He was telling Ummi that, they were many, that he think we most add the drinks from the fridge for it to accommodate the visitors.

Before I know all the guys in our area are just coming in and out of our living room entertaining the visitors with the drinks, snacks and food that we kept for them.

They are all smiling and happy for me which gave me a little ease of mine.

My step sisters are all around, but non of them try to help us with anything even though I follow them to their room to inform them that we are expecting visitors.

My mood lightning up when Fatin and Shamsiya show up at the same time and they start teasing me about becoming a new bride.

We are both busy with out discussion when Hussain told me that someone is here to see me and before I know he's already inside.

I recognize him immediately as Smart step brother.

Hahaha I start laughing, who told you that you can see the bride when you didn't pay my bride price, Iman this is cheating, you are supposed to wait outside and I will be talking to you through the window I said jokingly. 

Hahaha they all start laughing, I have already paid everything, is only remaining the fatiha and witnesses, hey man come in she's here.

And two other guys come in who he introduce as their causing, they all greated me.

Oh Iman you even bring your causings around that means you are adding the bride price.

Anything for you, I can even sell my car for you and we all laugh at the same time, Iman is Smart brother and I met him a few times, his brother is strict with him that's why we are not that close but all the desame we some how know each other.

They left when Musa inform them that is to go and the visitors are waiting for them. 

When Fatin's brother Musa told us that they are leaving I quickly rush out of our apartment to see them, from my counting is like there are nine elderly men excluding my father and his friends escorting them, they were laughing and talking, I can't remember when last I saw my father this happy.

They come with three cars which Iman and his causing drove them here with.

Ummi was over joy today, can you imagine we were all sitting down in our parlor while Ummi was going up and down serving us food? 😅.

Gaddaf and his friends were busy with food also, everybody is just happy and when ever there's a joyful occasion like this one in Nigeria culture we serve food and drinks unlike the Arab and Asians people that serve sweet because food is our one true love ❤️ 😂.

She was smiling, talking and laughing which it is un like her.

Assalamu alaikum.

Amin waalaikas salam, is baba let's go inside I said whispering to Shamsiya. We are getting up when baba stop us.

Be sitted I come to meet you all, call your mom for me.

Shamsiya went to call Ummi while Baba and Fatin were chatting, when Ummi come in she greated baba and ask him about his visitors.

They left alhamdulillah, they were laughing and smiling, I can see that they are happy.

Well Baba starts talking, Suleiman's guidance are here, he is indeed from a respectful family, am glad that you make a wise decision by choosing him, they brought you dowry here he said handling me the money, its 50k,
Thank you Baba.

And they brought the necessary things for the introduction consist of kola nut and the rest of the stuff including 150k for the introduction he said handling the money to Ummi.

You should keep the money, Ummi insist.

No keep it with you we talk about it later.

Ok.

We pray and baba left.

* * * *

Iman told me that you met.

Yeah he come in to great me along side with your causing.

He told me that you have been smiling from ear to ear.

No way! 😁

That's what he told me.

Or either you are making this up, hahaha.

Well let me confess I have been happy the whole day and I have been smiling like one mumu.

Hahaha that's nice to hear.

What about you bea.

What about me?

How do you feel, now that we have take a step on making each other one.

Happy!

Me too, I can't wait to come back, then we will finally choose a date for our wedding.

Yeah, so yesterday you ask me my dowry so that you can pay it, why the rush Smart.

I want to tell the whole world that you are mine and by paying the dowry I have make myself clear.

Hmmm!  When are you coming back I finally ask.

I am been missed? He ask amusing.

Hahaha am just asking.

Soon, I have to travel to Port Harcourt next week then come back to Lagos again before I can come back.

Ok, ehenn Yaks have been calling me all day.

Hahaha he told me that you refuse to answer his phone calls.

Am not in the mood for his jokes and told him not to call me unless am the one that call him I said laughing.

Don't punish my friend remember he is the best man so handle him with care he said laughing too.

I heard you, go to sleep dear, you have been yawning for a while now.

Yeah am tired, talk to you tomorrow yeah?

Yeah! good night.

* * * *

Since the day Suleiman's guidance come to our house with a marriage proposal, Mama my step mom has been going around telling people that I have trap a rich man in to marrying me, she even go to the extend of telling them that he's old that's why he has not been coming around.

When one of our neighbor tell me I laugh and told her they will all see him at the right time.

What I come to understand is that our neighbors dis not recognize Smart all this time that he has been coming to see him, they took him as my normal costumer that always come around and Gaddaf friend since they are always together which is a good thing for me because I hate 😡 gossips.

Smart has spent more than a month in Lagos and he will be coming back in the next two days according to him and I am super excited to see him again.

I even offer to pick him up at the airport which he was happy about it.

So tell me what should I wear to impress my soon to be husband after a month of not been together????