Episode 33

💖💖💖💖

Since then Smart will always come to our shop with his friends, they will chat with my brothers mostly about sports and men stuff.

I don't usually engaged in their conversation, I always busy myself with checking the report of the day and make phone calls.

Its on Saturday that I and Fatin are in the shop when he come alone and my brothers are not around, so Fatin start talking to him like they knew each other for a while and I was surprise he's freely chatting with her which is unusual of him.

He excuse himself to pick a phone call when Fatin quickly ask me who is he? With an excitement in her voice.

A friend!

A friend? She ask in shocked.

Yes, sort of, I said with an I don't care manner. We met at a wedding since then he have been visiting here and now he's friends with my brothers too

Wow he's handsome and gentle too she said in more of a whisper.

Uhmm ummm.

What? You don't want me to talk about him she said looking at me but why..

Shusss Fatin.

When he comes back he apologies for taking long and they continue chatting to the extend that they exchange numbers.

I was looking at Fatin with shock when she ask for his number and she was like 'what's wrong with me collecting his number.

When I try to talk with her with my eyes she quickly avoid me.

He insist of taking me when I close around 5:30 but I told him I will be going with Fatin which he wasn't please with, so he told me he will be traveling to Lagos state for his business and maybe he will stay long if things go the way he plan it to be and I wish him journey mercy.

He drove his 4matic and leave while Fatin follow him with her eyes smiling as if someone has dash her money.

We were on our way home when she spoke again "that guy is wonderful.

I kept quite pretending as if I don't hear her.

Why are you extra ordinary quite today.

What's extra ordinary quite I said not wanting to further the conversation.

I mean this isn't on like you but I don't know why you choose to keep quite today, by the way for how long have you know him.

Two months maybe.

Two whole month Meema she said in shocked,,,, and you don't bother to tell me about him. Meema we never hide things from each other, we are more than that.

Fatin can you please stop making these sound as if...,,,, I mean is not like I know him that much, he only visit my shop and chat with my brothers that's all.

That's not all Meema, do you see the way that guy is looking at you? For God sake why did it seems like you are avoiding him.

Fatin please just drive I still have a long way to go in this life, you can't just kill me I said trying to calm my anger.

Meema....

Fatin please just drive we will talk about this some other time, as you can see am stress out already.

Isso ke, isso rite we shall talk about it,,,, 'soon.

I don't know why am getting upset  but I know for sure I don't want to talk about him... In any way. I know he's not a talkative type but he always try start a conversation with me whenever his friends are chatting with my brothers but I always give him a cold feet.

Even when we arrived home I try as much as possible not to talk to her about anything. So she left without hearing what she wanted.

* * * *

The next day uncle Mahmoud call me laughing as if someone is taking to him.

Uncle Mahmoud talk now I have to prepare for work.

Meema how are you doing my dear?

Am good Alhamdulillah, so what amused you this morning I said smiling.

Nothing is just I want to ask you something he said trying to act as serious as possible.

Okey.....

Who's is Suleiman?

Please not you again I said tiredly.

Please you see your friends come to me this morn..... And I heard a shout in the background which is my friends voice.

Tell them that even if you didn't call their names, I know they are the once that force you to call me.

I'm sorry dear but they care so much about you, since your break up with AA you never dated again,,,, ahh I started rubbing my forehead because of the sudden headache that arise....
And he continue talking which half of it I didn't get it.

I will come to your office tomorrow so that we can talk ok I said in a way that I really want to end the conversation.

Alright see you tomorrow and we hang up.

I feel like calling Fatin at that moment but I know am angry and one shouldn't act when he's angry so I just text Gaddaf telling him that I will be late.

* * * *

Everyone knows how Yola used to be during March, how hot and harsh the weather is, that's what is happening now, is only when there is electricity that you can stay in a room and even the air conditioner doesn't used to work at that particular time because of the weather.

I was very reluctant on going to the shop at these moment and my brothers are busy with school which force me to be going out.

Smart has been gone for a month now, he call and text me most of the time which I usually don't pay attention to him, he even explain to me why he is staying long but I told him not to bother because there's nothing wrong with him staying long.

From what I know he supply raw materials to companies in the east and he's currently renting two fueling station here in Yola which he's operating and he is in to agriculture.

His friend Yaks is in to car and textile importation while Hashim works with Efcc and his in to agriculture too he export rice to neighboring countries.

So they are all busy and successful at a young age I saw them to be and Hashim is the only one among them who works with government and currently staying in Kaduna while the two of them mostly stay in Lagos and sometimes in Yola.

My brothers are always talking about Smart, Gaddaf missed him the most or let me say he missed going to watch football with him because he always complain on how local the place they used to watch is, and how much he enjoy going to AUN with Smart.

So I tell him to used his monthly allowance to do so, since he know how expensive the place is.

Ummi was just laughing listening to our conversation.

Ha Ummi he knew he can't afford that place but I don't understand why he keep talking about it.

He want you to pay for him, she said laughing.

Ni wa? Yadai jira wanda ke kaishi ya kuma kaishi.

And we all laugh.

I chat with him this morning he told me he will be coming back any moment from now.

Sorry lovelies I went to my LG to exercise my franchise but unfortunately network is bad and I was UN able to update. 

Two chapters back to back