2.20 Tag, you're it

Start from the beginning

___

Katara places a pot of water down before standing and walking over to Toph's tent. Giving a look to Asha, who was currently brushing her hair, Aang gestures over to the two with his head. The girl understood the other two a lot better then he did, so he figured she'd be able to defuse the situation a lot more efficiently and quickly than he would've. Rolling her eyes, Asha hands her hair brush to Aang, standing and following Katara.

"Hey Toph, I wanted to apologize for earlier. I think we're all just a little tired and getting on each others' nerves."  Katara tries, gently speaking.

"Yeah, you do seem pretty tired." Toph huffs, munching on her own food while Katara's face grew aggravated quickly.

"I meant all of us." The water bender grunts angrily. 

"Alright, maybe it's time we all go to bed and get some shut eye. It's been a long day for all of us." Asha steps in between the two, arms outreached. 

"Well, good night." Toph makes no further fuss, turning and laying down as Asha walks away. 

"Good night." Katara halfheartedly says. 

Eventually, the group falls into their individual slumbers. Sokka and Raiko sharing a tent, Katara in her own. The air benders sleeping against Appa, arms wrapped around each other as Gumi's head lays on their laps. Zulu and Momo lay on Appa's head. Everyone of them shoot awake however as Toph runs out of her tent. 

"There's something coming toward us!" 

The three in the tents emerge quickly, Asha jumping up as Aang simply sits up. 

"What is it?" Aang rubs his eyes as he asks, looking to Toph, then to Asha, nodding to himself as she seems unharmed. 

"It feels like an avalanche...But also not like an avalanche."  Toph reaches down, connecting her hand to the ground. 

"Your powers of perception are frightening." Raiko grunts, rubbing his eyes.  

"Should we leave?" Katara steps up next. 

"Better safe than sorry."  Aang says, standing up, ready to start packing despite the fatigue in his bones.

___

Appa and Gumi fly side by side, their drivers turning and looking to whatever is behind them.  There, following them, looks like a large train- like tank, smoke pouring out of it's chimney. For it's size, the train is moving incredibly quick, catching up to the teens without much issue.

"What is that thing?"  Katara turns tiredly. 

"I wouldn't know. It just looks like bad news and that's enough for me to stay away from it." Raiko snaps, his eyes now having heavy bags under them. 

The two animals fly without hitch, despite the tank behind them. Aang barely holding onto consciousness as he looks ahead, then to the side, watching his female counter part. Her eyes looked blank as she held her knees to her chest. Dark circles decorated the underside of her eyes, the circles becoming more prominent as  she looks to Aang; offering a small smile. He returns it before breaking eye contact, looking down to the ground. Deeming it far enough, the male bender gestures to start landing to the other.  

As they land, Toph quickly jumps off, laying flat on the ground. 

"Ah, land, sweet land! See you guys in the morning!" Toph Earth bends herself to her feet as she speaks, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Actually, can you help us unload?" Katara peeks up. 

"Really? You need me to help unload Sokka's funky-smelling sleeping bag?" Toph gives a look to Katara.