Happiness Is An Understatement

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has taken their time to read, comment and vote  on my novel.

For the first time in a long time I feel happy. I feel rejuvenated, I take a quick bath and put on a black top and a yellow pencil skirt and my favorite black wedges and take my black handbag and put my purse, phone, headsets, my CV, and a haircomb into the bag and head downstairs for breakfast.

I was planning on making my favorite, a protein shake  made up of plain yorghut, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries peppermint extract, whipped cream and a teaspoon of honey. I get downstairs and find Emily busy making breakfast

"Great you are up, I made French toast, an omelet, just the way you like it, fresh orange juice and pancakes for the road, since I know you have that job interview today"
I feel my eyes tearing up, Emily is such a sweetheart. "Em you didn't have to, but I'm so grateful for this, you are the best person ever you know, I could kiss you right now ''

" Mandy, I was serious about helping you out with everything, you are my best friend and I am going to do everything I can to help you out during this pregnancy"
"I love you so much Ems, I can't believe I'm crying over breakfast, I guess it's the hormones"
"oh, and I put your protein shake in the fridge, I know how much you love it"
I go over to her and give her the biggest hug ever, she really is the best, I don't know how I would have dealt with everything if it wasn't for her. She is the sister I never had.
We sit down to eat the breakfast she made and surprisinly its really good
I'm shocked because Emily is not great at all in the kitchen.
"Wow, Emily, this is really good, how in the hell did you manage to make all these and not burn a thing"

"Wellllll, I didn't exactly make all this,"I can't help but laugh at how guilty she looks
" okay who cooked then"
"Pete did, before he left, but I did make the protein shake and the orange juice"
"well, at least you did help with something"I stifle a giggle.

"Stop making fun of me Mandy"
I laugh when she says that
"It's been a while since I heard you laugh Mandy, I'm so happy that you are happy, these babies came at the right time"
"I am happy Ems, and i would really love for you to be their godmother, well that's if....."
"of course I want to, you dont even have to ask, yeeyy!! I'm going to be a godmother!!! "
She gets up and come to my side of the table and hugs me
"okay, okay, I get it, you are happy, you are suffocating me now Ems, let go already"
"So you and Pete are that serious huh?, he has been here almost everyday but it's a shame he gets here when I'm asleep and goes before I even wake up"

"yeah, I really like him Mandy, he gets me, you know. I feel I can be myself around him" I can see she really does like him, she even has that sparkle in her eyes and I couldn't be more happier for her right now. She deserves all the happiness she can get.
"I am so happy for you right now baby, you deserve it Ems, now let me clean the plates since you kind of made breakfast before I go"
"No, No, I got this, just go to that interview and nail it, I know how much you love theater"
I give her another hug before I grab my bag and my protein shake and heard out.

I arrive at the theater for the interview and I am mesmerized immediately.
By the looks of it, there is a practice going on at the moment and I sit down to watch.
I feel Someone  sit besides me, but I don't even take my eyes of the stage, the lights, and the stage are so beautiful that I even lean forward.
"you must be here for the interview"
"yeah,...... I am"
I hear a deep chuckle, and that's when I turn my head
"sorry, yeah I am here for the interview, I just love acting so much you know, and this place is so beautiful and lively, those two on the stage are in their element right now, I see their passion flowing out of them and into the scene they are playing out, it's just so beautiful to watch, oh sorry.."i realise I'm rambling, when I hear that same chuckle again
" it's okay, I feel the same way too, I am Jamey Davis, the owner of the theater, and I guess you are Amanda right?"

I take a closer look at Jamey and see he is a very handsome man, with dirty blond hair, Grey eyes, and by the looks of it, he is very tall, like over 6 feet tall and he is well built. Well I can't really tell exactly how tall he is, since he is sitting down.
He is wearing, a white button down shirt with the first three buttons open, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and I see he has a tattoo but I can't really see what kind of tattoo it, and he on  black jeans and Grey shoes.

"ummm, yeah, you can call me Mandy
though"
"Okay Mandy, you are hired," he says as a matter of fact.
"Really! , don't you have to interview me first and check my credentials and all that, not that I'm complaining because I'm over the moon" I give him a a really huge smile
"well, you fit the description I am looking for, I wanted someone who was as passionate about theater as I am, that's why I made sure there was practice today so I can judge how the interviewees would react and I just loved how you were, and I just know you will do a great job here."
I can't help but blush at what he said.
" you have a beautiful smile by the way, my boyfriend would love you"
His boyfriend ??
"you can't hide your emotions you know Mandy, I bet we are going to be great friends, babe I'm gay"
"ohhhhh,"
Well that's a bummer
"yeah, oh, if I wasn't into males love, I would do you" and he flashes me his million dollar smile
"you would now, would you" I can't help but laugh at his choice of words
"Jamey you are such a delight, and I believe we are going to be great friends too, when can I start"
"well we are understaffed so, is today too early??"
"well I guess you should show me around the place then"
This place is amazing, Jamey tells me that they are hosting a show in 6 months so I have to help out the actors get their lines right and help with the interviews for the understudies and the extras for the show.
He tells me his boyfriend is the main investor in the theater and he runs a company with his brother so he is filthy rich.
Jamey is so open, and I love his company so much, I even invite him to dinner sometime when he is free.
i take out my lunch box and ask Jamey if he wants to share the pancakes with me.
"let's go to my office I have cappuccino syrup to go with that, and trust me it's so delicious, you are going to be hooked"
"Jamey, why do you have syrup in your office"
"Babe, I live for pancakes and flapjacks, I knew there was a reason I loved you from the first time I saw you"
,.............
Heyyy people
Thank you guys for all the comments and votes that I got on the previous chapters
You guys are the best
Much love