It's Complicated (35)

Y/N POV
I rolled over in bed with the biggest migraine ever. I made the stupid decision to have one too many drinks after work with some colleagues and right now I'm paying for it. I squinted my eyes to look over at the time and I'm in absolute shock to see that it's almost 3 pm. I rolled my eyes and dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to take some aspirin. I can't believe that I slept in so late but thankfully I don't have a boss to tend to and I get to miss work without warning. I stood in the bathroom rinsing my face with cold water until I heard my phone ringing from my bedroom. I groaned at the sound of the ringing but quickly picked it up so I wouldn't hear it anymore.

"Hello?", I said through the phone.

"Hey Y/N", I heard Dinah's sweet voice trailing behind mine.

"Oh hey what's up?", I said trying my best not to sound hungover.

"Don't forget you have to pick up the boys from the house tonight"

"I know. I remember", I lied.

I don't know how but I totally forgot that it is my day to get them from Dinah's.

"Okay just making sure"

"Uh you didn't call me back yesterday. You good?", I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just ran into someone and forgot to call back but I gotta go okay?"

"Okay I'll see you tonight"

"Okay bye"

"Bye"

I hung up the phone and let out a loud sigh before rolling back in bed. I checked a few messages but didn't see anything really important to respond to so I just laid down and watched a little tv until it was time to get dressed. I'm not going to lie but sitting here doing absolutely nothing is kind of depressing. A few hours went by and out of nowhere I heard my doorbell ring. I'm not really in the mood for company and I damn sure didn't invite anyone over but it only could be someone I know. I quickly put on a shirt and shorts and opened the door without looking through the peephole.

"Hey", she said with a slight smile as I opened the door.

"Hey Lani", I smiled back.

I don't know what to do but invite her in. It's bad to say but I actually thought about Lani a lot. I feel really bad about the way I ended our friendship. I mean she never really did anything to me and just flat out blocking her was kind of an asshole thing to do.

"Uh come in, come in", I said closing the door behind her.

"Nice place", she chuckled.

"Thanks Lani", I smiled back. "I'm I hate to ask but how did you——"

"Find out where you live?", she quickly finished my sentence. "Your best friend runs his mouth when he's drunk"

"Of course it would be Jason"

"Yeah"

"So what's up?"

"Well you blocked me on everything and it's quite obvious that you've been avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? I mean I just want you to know that I don't care about the nudes it was silly mistake and——", Lani said before I cut her off.

"Lani it's not you I swear"

"It's not? Then what is it?"

"Well it kind of is....sort of.... but just understand that Dinah and I are going through some things right now. I mean you know that she knows about what I sent you but as you can see she doesn't trust me so I'm trying to prove something by staying as far away from you as I possibly can"