Chapter 31: The Last Piece

This chapter will be dedicated to BlackTaint. She's the first person that I had a conversation with on here. She's got a new Inuyasha FanFic that you should go read! Havest Moon (Inuyasha)

Thanks for all the votes and comments! Keep em coming! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jade POV)

        "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I stumbled backwards as Sesshomaru leaned towards me, but lost my balance. I gasped, but a firm hand grasped my good wrist. I didn't have time to recover before his lips met mine. 

I didn't fight it. Instead, I grabbed the edge of his armor, ignoring how it dug into my palm, and pulled him closer to me. 

My eyes shot open when I realized what was happening, and I shoved him away from me. I only managed to part our lips, but it was a good enough to start. 

"What are you doing?" I said through my gasps for air. 

"Hn." he muttered; stepping away form my with his eyebrows knitted together. 

"You kissed me! Don't you hn me, Fluffy!" I snapped. His head snapped in my direction, and he glared at me. A glare I easily returned. 

"Stop that. You're making it worse." he mumbled. 

"Make what worse?" I asked. My response came in form of him pinning me to a big rock. "Sesshomaru..." I trailed off as his head lowered to my neck, and my breathing became heavier. 

"Do not take long. The sun will be coming up soon." he said; sitting down by the rock again in a flash. 

"Uh- uhuh." I mumbled, then stumbled towards a bush by the edge of the lake. I stripped, using it as coverage, then slipped into the water. 

What the hell just hapened! I thought as I dove underwater. 

(Sesshomaru POV)

        Why did I do that? I thought as I sat against a rock. I would, occasionally, look over at Jade, and I had to admit that she was attractive. Why am I, Sesshomaru, thinking such things! She's a human! 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the group of bandits walking this way until they were already here. 

"Hey pretty lady!" one of them yelled; catching my attention. 

"AH!" Jade screamed as she shot into the water. 

"Leave." I growled; appearing in front of her.

"Give us the girl, and we'll let you live, demon." the bandits spit. 

"Idiots." Jade scuffed, and I smirked. 

"Leave." I repeated; narrowing my eyes at the stupid humans. 

"We warned you!" the yelled and charged. 

"Enjoy dying." Jade mumbled, and I released my poison whip. 

        "Are you okay?" I asked when they were all dead. 

"Yeah. Go stand behind a tree so I can get dress." she said; waving her hands at me to leave. 

"Hn." I mumbled; going back to the rock I had been sitting on. 

        "Let's go." she said; pushing through the bushes she used for cover. 

"Hn." I grabbed her around the waist, but waited a moment before starting to fly. She didn't squeal this time.

Stupid human. How do you make me feel anything? I thought as I looked down at her. She can be a full demon, and I know how. The squirrel demon's words floated through my thoughts.