Chapter Eight: The Double Crescent Moon

"Where are we going, Lord Sesshomaru?" Hychi asked when it started to get dark.

"We're going to get some herbs." Jade said; flicking Sesshomaru's ear again when he didn't answer.

"How is your fighting?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Good enough to survive?" Hychi replied.

"We will see." Sesshomaru muttered, but just then an orge demon came running out of the forest.

"Just leave the girl and you two will be allowed to live." the orge growled.

"Move or die." Sesshomaru said; giving it a cold glare.

"I am Gora of the Great Orge Demons! How dare you!" the demon growled.

"Just move, idiot." Jade snapped.

"Why don't you stop hiding behind those demons, Nayumi, and fight me." the orge said with a smile.

"I'm not Nayumi!" Jade yelled; throwing herself into a coughing fit, and making her dig her nails into Sesshomaru's back from the pain.

"You're such a weak human. Why do you two bother protecting her? She's just going to die in a few decades anyways, that is if she doesn't die in a few minutes." Gora laughed.

"Hychi. Take care of him." Sesshomaru said; narrowing his eyes at the orge.

"A pleasure." Hychi smiled. With only his hands, he took the orge's head off.

"Good job." Jade gave him a pained smile as Sesshomaru passed him.

"Are you okay?" Hychi asked her.

"I'm fine." Jade replied; straightening up.

"Stop acting like you're not in pain. It's tiring." Sesshomaru muttered.

"You're tiring." Jade muttered back.

"You two have an interesting relationship." Hychi laughed.

"We're here." Sesshomaru said; ignoring the fox demon.

"I can walk from here." Jade said; pushing against his back.

"You're going to fall." Sesshomaru said; squatting down.

"I was capable of sliding off." Jade mumbled.

        "Sesshomaru? Haven't seen you in a few years." an old woman said as she came from the hut, "Nayumi, its nice to see you again." 

"I'm not Nayumi. My name's Jade." she said with a smile. 

"I'm sorry. You just look so much like another girl who use to travel with Sesshomaru." the woman said. 

"Hi." Jade said with a smile as a demon exited the hut. 

"Jinenji." Sesshoamru said; nodding at him. 

"What happened to Nayumi?" Jinenji asked.

"She died." Sesshomaru replied, "We need more herbs. Jade got hurt in a fight."

"I can smell the blood." Jinenji said; narrowing his eyes at Jade. "She's smells like Nayumi. " 

"I'm her rencarnation." Jade replied. 

"I see. Take her into the hut, and I will go gather herbs for your stomach." Jinenji nodded. 

"Thank you." Jade smiled. 

        "Who are you?" Jinenji's mom asked Hychi as they entered the hut. 

"I'm training under Lord Sesshomaru." he beamed.