Chapter Ten: A New Member

"NEXT TIME DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" Jade yelled; holding her fist to her chest.

"I just jumped down from the tree." Sesshomaru sighed; rubbing his jaw where Jade had punched him.

"Wassami Mountain in the north? You know where it is?" Jade asked; still fuming.

"Yes. Why?" he asked; narrowing his eyes at her.

"Looks like that's our next stop." Jade said; turning and heading back to the village.

"Why?" Sesshomaru asked; appearing in front of her.

        Jade was still on edge from Nayumi's 'training' so the sudden movement startled her. Without really thinking, she jumped, and brought her foot around for a violent kick. The contact made Sesshomaru side step a little.

"You're never this jumpy." he said; rubbing his arm where he blocked.

"It's nothing." Jade sighed in an attempt to calm herself.

"What happened back in your world?" Sesshomaru asked; breaking the silence that was engulfing them.

"Nothing." Jade snapped; storming past him.

Sesshomaru decided not to push. He simply followed her back to the village.

        "Stop looking at my butt." Jade said as one of his thoughts drifted through her mind.

"Huh- uh-" Sesshomaru's voice faded when he couldn't find anything to say. He kept his eyes to the ground, and followed her.

"We should take Hychi." Jade said. 

"That's up to you." Sesshomaru replied. 

"He's training under you, not me." Jade laughed. 

"Hmph." Sesshomaru scuffed. 

"I'll go get him." she said; heading towards his hut. 

        "Ready?" Sesshomaru asked when they returend. 

"Yes, Lord Sesshomaru." Hychi nodded.

"Yep." Jade said with a smile.

"Good. Let's go." Sesshomaru  said; starting to walk.

        "Wher are we going, Lady Jade?" Hychi asked when the sun started to rise.

"Wassami Mountain." she answered.

"What! We can't go there!" Hychi exclaimed; startling Jade.

"What? Why not?" Jade asked.

"There's a barrier around it that only allows certain people in. Never has a demon been able to pass." Hychi explained.

"You've got to be kidding me." Jade groaned.

"Sorry, but it's true. The mountain had only ever let humans on it. Rumor says that a demon can pass, but that the barrier has never allowed one to as of yet." Hychi added.

"Well, then maybe you guys will be able to." Jade smiled.

"Hm." Sesshomaru said, but kept walking.

"How did you hear about the mountain?" Jade asked Hychi as they followed behind him. 

"My pack lives close by. People come from all over and try to get through. It's not a sacred barrier or anything, but you have to have the right intentions to pass." Hychi explained. 

"I'm glad I brought you with." Jade laughed. 

"I am too. I've always wanted to go inside the mountain." Hychi smiled.