Chapter Twelve: New Information

"You're getting better." Jade laughed as she dodged Kiyoshi's punch.

"I took it seriously when you said you would teach me to protect myself." Kiyoshi said with a smile; clumsily dodging one of Jade's kicks.

"Can't have you getting hurt, now can me." Jade said; a devilish smirk forming.

"You've got to teach me that one! I don't even see what you do!" Kiyoshi laughed; Jade was sitting on his stomach with his arms pinned above his head.

"Maybe one day." Jade laughed as she got up.

"Are you two done messing around?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Come on. You're my next opponent!" Jade said; motioning for Sesshomaru to come over.

"Hmph." he snorted; turning his head away from her.

"Come boy!" Jade said; crossing her arms.

"I'm not fond of this." Sesshomaru growled as his feet moved on their on accord. Kiyoshi's mouth dropped when he noticed that Jade's bracelet glowed.

"I know. I try not to use them unless I have to." Jade laughed; she really did try to avoid using them. She didn't like treating him like a dog.

"I'm not going to fight you." Sesshoomaru sighed.

"Oh come on!" Please?" Jade said; making her best pouty face.

"No." he replied.

"I'll spare with you, Jade." Hychi said with a smile.

"Yay!" Jade said with a laugh.

        Kiyoshi watched as they spared together. Hychi wasn't even breaking a sweat, but Jade wasn't either.

"If you two are going to fight, at least put some effort into it." Kiyoshi whined.

"Come on." Sesshomar said; starting to walk again.

"You're no fun." Jade mumbled, but followed anyways.

"This isn't over." Hychi laughed.

"Not even close." Jade smiled.

Two more days, and we will be at the mountain. Jade thought to herself. Maybe this Monk Michio will have answers.

        "Hey," Jade said; catching up with Sesshomaru

"Hm?" he barely cut his eyes at her.

"Uh- nothing." Jade sighed; she didn't know how to put her question into words.

"Are you okay?" no emotion portrayed in his voice, but that fact that he even bothered to ask meant a lot.

"Yeah." Jade mumbled.

"Are you hungry again?" he asked; slightly stepping away from her.

"No, and I think the staff's effect isn't as strong anymore. Kiyoshi said it would lessen the longer we were around it." Jade replied.

        "Nayumi Yamamoto." a gravely voice sneared.

"I'm not her." Jade sighed.

"Move or die." Sesshomaru said; his steps never wavering.

"I came for the girl." the demon said as it stepped out wher she could see it.

"GROSS!" Jade exclaimed when she saw what it looked like, "You look like an onion fairy, or something!" 

"Onion fairy?" Hychi asked. 

"I don't know! It just looks gross!" Jade crinkled her nose in disgust.