Chapter 30: Fallen Palace

I know the last few chapters have been slow, but don't worry! They're about to start picking up the pace! I got some ideas, and I finally figured out how this story will end! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!!! 

I'm loving seeing comments on this story! I'm dedicating this chapter to I_STOP_TIME because she's been one of the most active readers on this story! Also, Her comments about Akio always make me laugh. 

Thanks for reading! Now back to the story! 

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Jade POV)

        I looked over at Sesshomaru as we walked. He started acting strange after the incident in the forest. 

"Watch where you're going, sweetheart." Akio pulled me to the side before I could slam into a tree. 

"Jade." Sesshomaru said wihtout looking at me. 

"What, Fluffy?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"STUPID HUMAN! SHOW LORD SESSHOMARU MORE RESPECT!" Jaken yelled at me; hitting me in the head with his staff. 

"YOU LITTLE TOAD! GET BACK HERE!" I growled; my eye twitching as I chased him. 

"Do not hit her again." Sesshomaru said; stepping on the imp as he went to run past him. 

"I'm sorry, milord! Forgive me!" Jaken exclaimed. 

"You okay, sweetheart?" Akio asked; coming up beside me. Sesshomaru and I growled at the same time, and I smirked as Akio sighed and backed away. 

"What did you want?' I asked Sesshomaru; my voice back to its normal tone, and not a growl anymore. 

"Do you, or Rin, need anything in the next village?" he asked; looking at me from the corner of his eyes. 

"You need anything, Rin?" I asked. 

"No. I'm good." she smiled. 

"I'll go get some food, but that's all." I replied. "Hey." I complained as I bag landed on top of my head. 

"Money for the food." Sesshomaru said as I caught the small pouch as it fell off my head. 

"Thanks." I mumbled; sticking it in the small pouch I had on my hip under my kimono.

        "That is the village. Do not take long, but get whatever you feel you will need." Sesshomaru said when the village came into view. 

"I will only be about 15 minutes." I replied as he sat under a tree. 

"Hn." 

"Hey, sweetheart, want me to go with you?' Akio asked. 

"No." I said; venom dreched my words, and I heard Sesshomaru growl agian. "You're going to get a sore throat from all that growling." I winked at him, then headed to the village. 

        "Can I help you with anything, miss?" a man asked me as I looked around. 

"Where's a food marker?" I asked. 

"Right there. If you do not mind, can I ask why a lovely woman like you is traveling alone?" the man smiled. 

"I'm not. I'm just getting food for my friends." I retured his smile. 

"I see. I hope you have a safe journey." he smiled again, and left. 

"He was nice." I mumbled as I walked towards the food stands.