Chapter Fourteen: Mount Wassami

"I always wanted to come here." Nayumi smiled as they approached Mount Wassami. 

"Why didn't you?" Hychi asked. 

"Always busy." Nayumi said; turning to smile at him. She had learned over the last few days, that Hychi was a lot like Shippo. 

"Why doesn't she smile at either of us?" Kiyoshi asked; even though she ignored him he had developed a slight crush on her. 

"Hychi probably reminds her of someone." Sesshomaru shrugged. 

"I hate when you two whisper as if I can't hear it." Nayumi sighed. 

"Jade?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"She's doing a little better." Nayumi lied. Truth was, Jade was getting worse. Her spirit wasn't holding on as well as she would have liked, but not that they were at Mount Wassami she could save her. 

"Good." he mumbled; voice showing no emotion. 

"Alright! You two first!" Nayumi boomed; appearing behind Sesshomaru and Hychi. Before they could move away, Nayumi shoved them towards the barrier. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! Master Hychi!" Kiyoshi exclaimed. 

"Hmph. I was hoping for more screaming." Nayumi muttered as they disappeared behind the barrier. 

"You didn't know if they would be able to get through?!" Kiyoshi yelled in her ear. 

"Why are you so loud? Come on." Nayumi mumbled; grabbing him by the ear, and dragging  him towards the barrier. 

        "How's it feel to be the first demons to pass through?" Nayumi asked as she dragged Kiyoshi behind her. 

"We've been expecting you." a man said from behind them. Nayumi had felt him coming, and had disappeared. 

"Where's Nayumi?" Hychi asked. 

"She's already at the temple. Please follow me. Monk Michio is waiting." the young man bowed at him. 

        "What do you mean you can't help!" they heard Nayumi's voice yell. 

"This isn't good." the young man escorting them said as he scurried off towards the arguing. 

"She's too badly wounded. There's nothing I can do to help." the monk said in a pained voice. 

"Fine. I'll do it myself then." Nayumi snapped; storming out of the temple. 

"Come in you three." Monk Michio said from the doorway.        

        "What have you come here for?" he asked when they were all sitting; except for Sesshomaru. He stood against the wall, and listened for any sign that Nayumi was breaking something. 

"You don't have to worry about the girl. There's nothing on this mountain that would attack her." Monk Michio assured. 

"I'm more worried about her attacking something." Sesshomaru smirked. 

"Let's just hope that no one bows at her." Hychi snickered. 

"And if someone does?" the monk asked. 

"You'll hear it." Kiyoshi mumbled.

"She really is a Yamamoto then." the monk sighed. 

"You know of her family?" Hychi asked. 

"Yes. I once helpd them out. They were all short tempered, and hated for someone to bow at them." he replied. 

"Yep.That's her." Kiyoshi muttered.