Chapter Six: Baring New Marks

"Where are you going?" Sesshomaru asked from a tree limb; not bothering to look at her.

"None of your business." Jade said, and continued walking. Sesshomaru didn't push any farther. Jade had been in a bad mood since she woke up after the fight. 

        "I killed someone! Demon or not! I killed them!" Jade yelled at him when he asked why she was crying. She had woken up, and immediately broken down.

"You protecte Rin." Sesshomaru told her.

"No. I kiled him in cold blood. He wasn't interested in Rin." Jade had countered.

        "Kagome?" Jade said when she got to the well.

"Going back?" Kagome asked.

"Uh, yeah. I need a break." Jade replied; avoiding eye contact. She hadn't been able to look anyone in the eye since her fight with Konahamaru.

"The well still doesn't work for me. Looks like only you can cross through it now." Kagome said with a sad smile.

"I'll tell Grandpa Sota you said hey." Jade said.

"Thanks." Kagome's smile changed into a happier one, and then she left.

        "You're going home?" Sesshomar's voice startled her.

"For a few days. I'll be back. I have to." Jade sighed, but so far the marks on her back hadn't stopped her from trying to leave.

"You should stay here. Your wounds are still bad." Sesshomaru said; coming to stand beside her.

"My mom's a doctor. I think she can take care of me." Jade replied.

Jade climbed onto the edge of the well, and was about to jump when Sesshomaru jumped in.

"What are you doing?" Jade yelled; jumping in after him.

"A test." he replied; the well began to change around them. It looked the same as when Katana dragged her in it.

        When the well was back to normal, Jade saw a rope ladder hanging down. She went to climb up it, but Sesshomaru wrapped an arm around her waist and jumped.

"I could have climbed up." Jade muttered as he set her down.

"Not good on your shoulder." he replied; voice cold and emotionless.

"Wait! You're not going out there! Go back to the other side." Jade panicked when Sesshomaru started up the stairs.

"Why?" he asked; not bothering to turn around. 

"Your clothes will stand out too much, and your markings." Jade said; thinking quickly. 

        "Fine. Just stay here for a few. I'll be right back." Jade sighed when he made no move to leave. 

"What are you doing?" he asked as she passed him.

"Getting stuff. Grandpa Sota should have some clothes from when he was younger, and I have just the stuff to cover your markings." Jade replied; a slight laugh at the end, "I'll be right back, so don't move."

        "Jade, you're back?" Sota said as she walked into the house.

"Yeah, hey do you still have some of your old clothes?" Jade asked.

"Yes, do you need them for something?" he asked.

"Sesshomaru followed me back, and his clothes are pretty flashy." Jade laughed; running upstairs to get the clothes.