Chapter Nine: Fears From the Past

"Yumi. What a pleasure hearing your voice." Jade snarled.

"Where ya been? Haven't seen you around in a while. Did that boy of yours break your wittle heart?" she said the last part in a baby voice.

"What boy? Sesshomaru?" Jade asked; turning around with a confused look.

"The guy at the mall a few weeks ago. Whoever he was." she shrugged

"Uh, not my guy." Jade said slowly.

"Keep  telling yourself that." she laughed, "So, tell me, why were you in the shrine?"

"Praying for the strength not to kick your butt again." Jade said with a sweet smile.

"Just try it!" Yumi yelled.

"Just stay out of  my way and you won't get hurt." Jade spit the words like vemon.

"You always were one to run away from your problems. The only reason you left was becaus-" Yumi never got to finish her sentence. Jade's vision went blurry, and before she could stop herself she wheeled around. The blow was solid against her ribs, and sent Yumi flying backwards into the sacred tree

"AHH!" Yumi cried out in pain.

"If you ever say another word to me, I'll make sure to do more than just break some ribs." Jade growled; grabbing Yumi by the collar of her shirt.

        "I'm going for a walk." Jade said; avoiding any form of contact when her mother and Grandpa Sota came running out.

"Are you okay?" her mother asked Yumi.

"She'll be find. Just some broken ribs. She was stupid enough to bring up dad." Jade said before she was gone.

        "Your daughter is insane!" Yumi yelled; her words cutting short in pain.

        "What are you doing?" Jade's  mother asked. The minute Jade got home she started packing a bag.

"I'm leaving. I'm not going to stay in a house with her." Jade spit.

"You just got here." her mother whispered.

"And in a week I'll come back." Jade said; grabbing her backpack.

"Jade." her mother pleaded.

"She always brings up dad!" Jade yelled; tears streaming down her face.

"I know, sweetie, but-"

"No buts! I'm not going to put up with her! She's going to end up getting seriously hurt!" Jade ran out of her room; heading down the stairs and towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Yumi said from the couch.

"Anywhere but here." Jade growled, "I have other stuff to do."

With that, Jade was out of the house and running towards the shrine. As she opened the doors, Sesshomaru was standing in front of her.

"Ow." Jade mumbled as she ran into him and fell backwards.

"Jade?" he asked.

"Get out of my way." Jade said; pushing past him, and jumping into the well.

        "Jade?" Lady Kaede asked as Jade walked into the hut.

"Jade." Sesshomaru said; following behind her.

"Leave me alone! I'm not in the mood!" Jade snapped.

"I'll be by the lake if you need anything." Sesshomaru nodded; understanding she didn't want to talk yet.