Chapter Twenty-Eight: Snow Storm Diversion

(Jade POV)

        "Stupid freak snow storm." I curse; sitting in a cave shivering. 

"We'll be able to go find the others by tomorrow, sweetheart." Akio chuckled, "Why don't you come over here so you're not freezing?" 

"I'm good where I'm at." I said throuhg chattering teeth. It took everything I had not to burrow agaist his side. I was sitting a good foot away, but I could still feel his body heat. 

"Whatever you say. Just stay close to the fire then." he said; leaning back against the wall, and closing his eyes. 

"I know that." I mumbled; a loud clank filling the cave as my trembling hands dropped my swords. "Dammit." I cursed, then sighed. 

You're an idiot! You're going to freeze to death. I scolded myself as I looked over at Akio. He was leaning against the wall with one arm up behind his head. What does he think of me! Does he really think I'm going to just throw myself against his side! I thought furiously. It does look warm.....NO! You'll be fine! Great...I'm talking to myself now. I've gone crazy. I let out a trembling breath; trying to silence my thoughts. 

"Keep your arm off my shouders, and don't you dare move a muscle." I warned him; my shoulder, hesitantly, touching his side. He chuckled softly, but didn't move. 

        I slowly opened my eyes. My neck was stiff, and my back was killing me. My eyes widened when I realized that I was clinging to Akio's arm. My cheeks heating up knowing that I was crushing it against my chest. I loosened my grip, but he really was warm. I pressed my nose agains this shoulder, and realized that he was still asleep, and I was curled up in a ball against his side. 

"Jade! Akio!" Hychi yelled, and I quickly shot to the other side of the cave. "Jade!" Hychi attacked me with a hug; his yell causing Akio's eyes to shoot open. He narrowed his eyes at Hych, but relexed when he saw it wasn't a threat. 

"Jade-chan!" Rin squealed, and followed Hychi's lead. 

"You're freezing!" I exlcaimed as he icy body collided with mine. 

"Lord Sesshomaru kept me warm last night!" Rin giggled. 

"Hn." he muttered as he appeared in the cave entry way; Kiyoshi and Jaken next to him. 

"You three get over here! More body heat please!" I demanded; motioning for them to get closer. Kiyoshi quickly listened, but the other two didn't move. 

"Lord Sesshomaru, come on." Rin urged, and walked over after a moment of thought. He sat down next to me, and I pulled Rin between us so she would be warmed. 

"Are you going to sulk over there all day?" I asked Akio without looking at him. 

"I'm not cold, sweetheart, but it means a lot that you care." he chuckled. 

"I was only wanting the extra warmth." I crossed my arms; trying, but failing, to keep the blush at bay. 

Sesshomaru was looking down at Rin, worry evident on his face, and I couldn't help but smile. I took my kimono off, and wrapped it around her shoulders. Even between Sesshomaru and I she was still shivering. I was glad to see Sesshomaru taking off his robe when he noticed that I was now left in a tube top. 

"Hate to help you cover up, but I'd hate for you to freeze even more." Akio tossed his shirt at me with a smirk on his face. 

"KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON!!" I exclaimed;standing and throwing it back at him. 

"Why ya blushing, sweetheart?" he chuckled. 

"I'm not." I lied; sitting back down with my arms crossed.