Chapter Thirteen: Fight! Lady Mother vs. Nayumi!

"What the hell was that for!" Jade exclaimed; she was barely able to make the blow nonfatal. Jade's left arm had limited movement, but that's all the damage she recieve. So far, at least. 

"You can't be aloud to live." Lade Mother said; attacking her again. Jade was managing to dodge, but just barely. Every attack Lady Mother made was intended to be fatal. She wasn't messing aorund with her like all the other demons had. She was the real deal, and Jade wasn't ready to fight her. 

"Stop dodging, and except your death with grace!" Lady Mother growled; drawing her nails down Jade's right arm. 

What are you doing! Fight back! Nayumi's voice was very faint, but Jade could hear it. 

Nayumi? Jade thought; doing a back flip to get away from the Dog Demon in front of her. 

"You have two choices. Kill, or be killed. There is not other option." Lady Mother sighed; pulling her hand from the cement wall it had landed in when Jade dodged. 

"Sesshomaru will come soon." Jade said; her breathing was heavy. 

"He may be able to smell your blood, but he cannot get this far into the palace. You were only able to because I allowed it." Lady Mother said with a cold laugh. 

This isn't good. Jade cursed to herself. 

"AHHH!!!" Jade's blood curtling scream filled the air. 

"Never ignore your opponent." Lady Mother's whispered in Jade's ear. Jade looked down to see her hand protruding from her stomach. Lady Mother had shoved her hand through Jade's back, and exited through her stomach. "You're nothing like I would have expected the Great Demon Slayer's reincarnation to be." Lady Mother spit. 

        "She's knew. Excuse her mistakes." Jade said, but it wasn't the same voice as before. 

"What's this?" Lady Mother asked; narrowing her eyes as Jade stood. 

"We haven't been introduced. I'm Nayumi Yamamoto." she looked up, and Lady Mother noticed that her eyes were not brown instead of the bright green they had been. 

"You won't be able to do much more. You're in a wounded body, and using borrowed time." Lady Mother laughed. 

"We'll see." Nayumi said; landing a solid kick to Lady Mother's side. 

"Little wench!" Lady Mother spit; landing on her feet a few yards to the right of where she had been. 

"You wanted a fight, didn't you? I live to kill demons." Nayumi smiled. 

Hang in there Jade. I'm healing you; just hang in there. Nayumi thought to Jade's dying spirit. 

        "Dammit!" Sesshomaru cursed. 

"Lord Sesshomaru! The scent of Jade's blood has changed slightly!" Hychi exlcaimed. 

"Nayumi." Sesshomaru breathed when the smell hit his nose. He pushed against the doors even harder, but it was no use. Whatever spell his mother used, it was a solid one. 

"Little wench!" they all heard Lady Mother growl. 

"Did she manage to wound your mother?" Kiyoshi asked. 

"Jade didn't" Sesshomar sighed; he knew how this battle was going to end. The minute Nayumi stepped in his Mother's fate was sealed. 

        "What happened to all that power you had just a few minutes ago?" Nayumi teased; her fist burrying into Lady Mother's ribs. 

"I won't let your body be the death of everyone!" Lady Mother yelled; shoving Nayumi away.