Chapter Twenty: The Battle Comes to an End

(Nayumi POV)

        I was suddenly hit from behind. I hit the barrier, and a slight shock ran through my body. Before I could recover, he brought his foot down on my back. 

"Ahagh!" my body slammed into the earth, and black dots covered my vision. He kicked my side, and when I lifted up slightly he kicked me up into the air. He appeared above. With a dramatic flip, he brought his heel down into my stomach. I was whipped back towards the ground, but he kicked my sideways before I could hit the ground. Instead I slammed into the barrier again. A new crack formed, and another shock racked my body. 

He lifted me up by the collar, and punched my ribs. 

"Bastard!" I sneared; spitting blood into his face. 

"NAYUMI!" all the guys yelled at the same time. 

"Stay back! This isn't your fight!" I growled as they ran towards the barrier. 

"You're stronger than most humans, but you're still so weak!" Enma sneared. 

"I'm not finished." I coughed; blood dripped from the corners of my mouth, but I just wiped it away. 

"Oh, but you are." he laughed; he threw me up in the air, and I knew what was coming. He spun, horizontal to the ground, and kicked my side. 

I hit the barrier, and it shattered around me. 

"AHHHH!" I screamed as the shock racked my body, and was ten times worse than the other two. 

I held my two fingers up to my face, and made a barrier around me and Enma again. 

"What are you doing!" Hychi yelled; his eyes widening as I locked them out again. 

"Protecting the ones I care about." I whispered; pushing myself off the ground. "I won't let you hurt them!" I snarled; my head snapping up as I bared my teeth. 

"Why do you fight so hard? Don't you want to see your family again? Just think about how happy your little sister would be to see her parents again." my snarl fell. 

Rin. I thought. 

"All you have to do is help. I won't hurt Jade, or anyone else you care about. I merely wish to help this world!" he added. 

"Nayumi, don't you dare listen to him!" Hychi growled. I looked over at them. They all had the same look. None of them wanted me to listen to him. 

"All those three want is Jade back. They couldn't care less about you! They're scared of you!" Enma sneared. 

"You're right. They do want Jade back, and they are scared of me." I nodded, "But you're wrong about them not caring." my quiet voice turning into a growl. 

I appeared behind me, and thrust my hand through his shoulder. 

"AHH! DAMNED WRETCH!" he growled as he stumbled away from me. 

"Don't talk about my sister! Ever! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR HER!" I yelled; appearing in front of him, and kicking him in the face. 

"Enma!" Sakura yelled; finally waking up. Before I could get another hit in, pink and purple flowers surrounded them both. Then they were gone. 

"Nayumi!" all three guys yelled as I fell. 

(Sesshomaru POV) 

        Hychi and Kiyoshi ran to Nayumi as the barrier was dispelled. I merely stood, and looked at her. 

Dammit! My lips turned up in a snarl as I thought about how I couldn't help.