Chapter Two: Giving Into Fate

"Granpa Sota!" Jade said in a cheerful voice as she ran to hug him.

"Jade, how have you been?" he asked with a smile.

"I've been fine." she replied; as they got closer to Japan her back had started to hurt less.

"I'm glad to hear that." he replied.

"Hello father." her mother said.

"Kimyko!" he said with a big smile.

"It's been a long flight. Can we go home?" Jade asked.

"Of course, sweetheart." Sota replied.

        When they approached the house, a bright light exploded out of the shrine.

        Sesshomaru fell asleep sitting against the well, but was woken up by a blinding light. He jumped up and looked at it as best he could. He realized that Katana wasn't there anymore.

"At last! She's finally been reborn!" a demon hissed from behind Sesshomaru.

"Vermon like you have no business here." Sesshomaru growled.

"The blood of that girl has drawn us here. Nayumi will die." another one hissed. The whole forest lit up with red eyes. Demons had the well surrounded.

Let's test her. The thought came to Sesshomaru. He knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her, but he wanted to see how much power she had.

        "It's time for you to return, Nayumim." a female voice came form the well. 

"Who's Nayumi?" Jade asked. 

"You are." Jade jumped back when a sword shot from the well. 

"My names Jade!" Jade yelled; planting herself. 

"Your soul is Nayumi." the sword said. 

"A talking sword? How hard did I fall when I passed out earlier?" Jade asked her mom. 

"You must return. You job was not finsihed." the sword said. 

"Do you at least have a name?" Jade asked the sword; she felt really stupid afterwards. 

"Katana." the sword replied. 

"Do I really have to go with this sword, grandpa?" Jade asked. 

"I'm afraid so." he said; a sad looking crossing his face. 

"No." Jade said; crossing her arms. 

"You must return." the sword repeated. 

"Look, I don't know how things work over in that world, but I'm not going to be bossed around by some sword." Jade scuffed. 

"You leave me no choice then." the sword sighed. 

"Wha-" she started to asked, but she was being pulled into the well. 

        Jade was wearing a sweat shirt, leggings, and snow boots, but the cold of the well still managed to get through. She didn't understand what was happeneing, but she was bracing herself for the worse. Grandpa Sota told her that Kagome fought demons on this side, and she didn't know if she would have to do that same.

"Those dreams you had were of your death." the sword told her; she hadn't realized she was holding it.

        "You must climb out of the well now." Katana said when the light around her disappeared.