Perfect host

Y'vania's POV

I remain glued to the door my eyes wide in shock and my jaw almost touching the ground. I can't believe what am seeing in front of me. If this is a dream then am hoping it doesn't come to an end.

"Okay are you going to let us in?"
"I..oh of course come in." I reply wondering how they found my apartment until I see her smiling face as she pays the cab driver and pulls her suitcase behind her.
And here I was thinking that she abandoned me for her baby.
Aren't mothers the most delicious creatures on earth?

Am about to say something when she engulfs me into one of her bone crushing hugs.

Way to ruin the moment mummy.

Five minutes pass

Ten go by  and finally fifteen and I haven't spoken a word, just staring at the three people I really missed and thought I'd never see again.

Javier seems to be the only one who isn't dumbfounded by the turn out of events. He plays the perfect host and serves them drinks.

"Seriously? Are you going to stand there smiling and not say a word to us? Then I'll make a memory out of it." Jake says taking out his phone snapping  a picture. Matt and Lilly start whisper arguing over the remote control on the table.

These people look like a couple that has been married for fourty years..I'm just wondering why some things and people are so perfect.

Something flashes and I realise Jake is still taking pictures. I turn my gaze on him giving him a glare. He places the phone on the table and rises his arms in surrender.

"Feel at home guys." Daniel says in a boring tone going to the kitchen. I know he's isn't that much into these three and I can tell he's so much bored.

" Yes..um..feel at home." I repeat staring at mummy who is sipping on her drink trying to get rid of the tension between us.
" And that was the first statement she said." Matt says taking out a notebook and a pen. Jake chuckles and Lilly swats him upside his head.
" Are you going to write everything I say?" I ask  sitting next to mummy.
" As long as I'm interviewing the one and only YFS Brown. At least I'll answer some questions about the essay on Too good to be true." He says taking out his phone.

"You mean.." I start but Jake cuts me off.
"You're that famous blah blah blah. Why didn't you come  to NYU when you were invited to the first creative writing class of the semester?"
" I was going through a lot I couldn't just up and go to New York when someone  and their family wanted to send me to rehab." I say the latter staring at mummy who clears her throat and stares at me through the corner of her eye.

Lilly raises one of her well shaped eyebrows.

"I missed you guys. I say rather quietly switching my gaze to Jake  who has this far away look. For the first time I realise he's kind of quiet and sad.

"Where's Esperanza?" I ask and I can feel the tension that comes after the question as the three of them stare at one another.

"We broke up." Jake says staring hard at the floor as if recalling some bad memories.

" What? Seriously? What did she do?" I ask knowing exactly that she's the cause of everything.

"That fucking bitch cheated." Lilly says finishing her drink. I cringe at her choice of words and she nods in realisation and places  the empty glass on the table mouthing a sorry.

"And that marks the end of swearing and the beginning of.."
"Matt! Just say anything else and I'll make sure.."
"No no no you don't have to go that far." He says zipping his mouth and throwing an imaginary key away. Jake stares at me long enough for me to start questioning myself.
" What?"
"Nothing I just..you've changed Y'vania. Not much, given you're still the cute little princess I know but you've changed a lot." He says,a smile forming on his lips.