Big Fat Elephant

Daniel's POV

Her hair is in a beautiful messy ponytail, her breathing slow and even,her lips slightly apart,her earphones plugged into her ears still playing the soft Latin music I realised she likes listening to of late.
Its kind of sad but she likes it and I can't help take away the pain she's holding in her that she's trying very hard not to show but I can see it whenever she sits alone or get nervous whenever anyone starts to  comment about the changes in her body.
At one point she almost confessed it to her  granny when the old lady asked why she was eating a lot and throwing up and if she was still sick.

I cautiously take out the earphones turning off the playlist. She stirs a little. I rest her head on my shoulder smiling at her cute face and stroking her hair.
"Anything else sir?" The hostess comes back with her usual office etiquette smile despite the fact that Y'vania has been tormenting her since the plane took off. She's been eating non stop and I can tell the hostess started sensing something when she ordered two extra plates of pasta and salad.

"No thank you we're fine." I kindly answer back resting my gaze on Y'vania whose hand is now draped on my chest.
"Adorable couple. On your first kid?" She asks widening the smile taking me by surprise. I hadn't realised she was still staring at us or at me staring at my annoying friend who is making herself more comfortable on my chest.

Couple? Me and Y'vania? We're probably going to break everything or set the house on fire within five minutes of our moving in together.

I stare at the hostess with a smirk on my face.
"Yes. We're expecting our first three angels in five months."

"Wow! That's wonderful. Good luck both of you plus the babies." She says staring at ' my wife ' enviously then scurries forward to attend to the other passengers.
I stare out noticing the change in weather. Its starting to get chilly. I use my jacket to cover her up noticing that she's starting to get cold slightly chuckling as I remember what lead to her plugging in her earphones and saying she won't talk to me for the rest of the flight to LA.
She really has taught me how to deal with her strange mood swings and emotions. Her moods change just with the snap of a finger. Just like how it happened today.
Everything was fine on our way to the airport in Atlanta cracking jokes with her mummy and granny with a lot of ' take care ' phrases,Mia and Nisha throwing in silly jokes and singing ' party in the USA ' and taking pics.
Just a few minutes after the flight take off she started complaining about how I didn't let her eat well before leaving the house,she hasn't eaten anything since morning and that the potato chips she has been munching on on the way to the airport don't count as food. The hostess kept on going back and forth giving her whatever she wanted and had to bear with the mini tantrums she kept on throwing whenever her orders were delayed. She got angry at me because I laughed at her ordering extra plates of food.

Yes she eats like a ten months pregnant elephant but I didn't say that out loud.

She started saying am being unfair and inconsiderate,plugged in her earphones and finally fell asleep.

If this is what my dad had to experience when my mummy was expecting me then I can bear with it because I like Y'vania's pretty pregnancy mood swings.

Talking of my mum and dad. No mum only because dad is an asshole.

Sorry dad but you are.

My mum is the reason am moving to LA and signing into a new college. She moved to San Diego miles away from Christopher Harrington and finally free from all the trauma and embarrassment.
Mid life crisis really affected my dad to the point of cheating on my mum with a girl half his age.
Divorce was the best solution for all this. Something my mum was against at first but soon gave in and secretly bought the house in San Diego just before finalising the case. I chose to be with my mother and protect her from anything coming her way. Its really painful for me to see them apart but I guess that's what fate decided and they're both happy being away from each other.