Brownie Bae pt1

Y'vania's POV

Incoming call from abuela at 2.30 pm

Abuela: I know you're not okay. Don't tell me you are.

Me: Hello. Abuela are you okay?

Abuela: Don't even start that conversation. What's happening are you sure you're okay?

Me: Nothing is happening am okay. Just missing you.

Abuela: Your mum is on her way there. She's so worried about you.

Me: What! Mum is coming? Am okay abuela you shouldn't worry about me.

Abuela: Too bad we already are. Just make sure you give her the answers she needs. She will give you my message and her phone is broken. I think she's using Nisha's phone.

Me: Um..okay..

Abuela: Take care of yourself. I love you.

Me: Okay. Thank you abuela. I love you too. Bye.

Call ended at 2.35 pm

"Wow that was probably the longest and weirdest phone conversation I've ever had." I mutter to myself grabbing the can from Daniel and sitting next to him.

"It took around five minutes stop complaining." Daniel says opening another can of doctor pepper. I sit down next to him. Closing my eyes and imagining how hurt and angry she is.

" Of all sensible things you could do Daniel you had to call home."

I know she's going to be kind of angry. No. Completely angry which I already know she is given that her phone is broken which I guess was smashed either on Mia or Nisha.
I see the angry version of her smashing probably the thousandth phone since she started smashing anything available on any of us. I let out a smile suddenly missing home and especially mummy's temper.

"Wow she's gonna be here tomorrow."
"Who?" Javier asks snapping me out of my missing home soap opera session.
"Um..my mum? Because someone might've told her that I'm dying."
"Y'vania I didn't tell her you are dying. Why is everyone blaming me today?"
I wasn't blaming you I was just saying that -"

My voice gets cut by the loud shrill of Daniel's ringtone.
"I told you to change that ringtone you moron!" Javier says swatting his upper arm.

Daniel's ringtone is creepier than the walking dead soundtrack. Fact.

I shake my head as he laughs loudly going out to answer it. I get into the kitchen. People have to eat despite all the drama going on.

I'm busy taking out ingredients from the cabinets when Daniel comes in and gives me a peck on my cheek.
"I'm going out with Tessa. Don't count me on whatever you're preparing. I'll eat out."

I poke his tummy playfully and ask
"Are you going to make it official or you're still waiting for your wife to get old?"
"Don't tell me you're jealous wifey besides, your prince charming might or might not been on his way or already in LA."
"What do you mean by that and who is my prince charming?"
"Anthony you moron I didn't know you're a dimwit outside the book world."

I punch his hard tummy and end up hurting my dear knuckles. I scowl and go on with my work.

"What? So you don't want to see him? Don't you miss him? You still love him don't you?"

"I don't. What is he coming to do and who told him I stay here?"

"Many questions. Way too many questions wifey but seriously you guys need to talk stuff out." Daniel says turning to leave but I grab his wrist fast enough and stare at him intensely.