More than a broken heart

Anthony's POV

I'mm seated in my office staring a picture of me and Y'vania thinking of the happy days when each of us lived life as a secret,never telling anyone about their past.
Knowing about the past destroyed everything we had for each other. I hope Y'vania still cherishes our time together because I still do.
I can't forget how she sacrificed everything for our love. I can't take this guilty feeling away because its me who started everything.
Ever since the day I took her home and introduced her to my family her happy and genuine smile faded away and it was replaced by the light tight lipped one that never reaches her eyes. I remember how tense she was when we left my home. She didn't talk anything for the whole ride to her house. She seemed to be far away in thoughts.

My thoughts get distracted when Connor gets into my office without knocking as usual but this time it looks like he has something important to tell me. He sits across me still staring at his phone wide eyed.
"What is it Connor?" I ask getting impatient.
"You have to see this bro but don't smash my phone to the wall." He says sliding his iPhone on the table.
"I know better than smashing my brother's most precious thing." I say chuckling dryly and picking the phone cautiously as if what  am about to see will completely change my life.

When my eyes adjust on the screen I see Y'vania's picture with some guy beside her.

No.

Daniel Harrington beside her. She's staring at him with a wide smile on her face. She's changed. My girl's changed a lot. Her waist length hair is now shoulder length and it gives her a new look, a look of maturity. She looks happy.

What's written on bold down there almost stops my heartbeat for a minute:

Y.F.S BROWN MAKES A CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

I go on reading the first paragraph of the article.

"The young talented author finally admits the reason as to why she didn't want her identity uncovered and the thing is she had a messy past and didn't know how to make good choices in life and that includes her ex-boyfriend who as she says left her with more than a broken heart. However, everything changed when she landed at LAX with purpose and the aim to achieve her dreams. The sole heir of Nivadas group of companies, Harrington Jr is not only the luckiest guy on earth but also one of the very few people who gets to wake up next to the famous writer every single day..

" What?!" I look up not being able to read further. Connor shrugs as I hand him back his phone.
"YFS? My girl is YFS? How comes?"
"That's not the thing you should worry about right now." Connor says quietly.
"What should I worry about?" I ask back failing to control the anger in me.

"Three things.

No. One is already solved so its two things.

One:  "Leaving her with more than a broken heart."

Two: "Daniel Harrington being the luckiest guy on earth."

The third thing is at least you know she's in Los Angeles. "

Wow and you ask me why big brothers came into people's lives. Its simple because they're geniuses in everything.

"Its a lie Connor Y'vania and Daniel are just friends. Its just some cooked up story you know how the press is."
"What makes you think its cooked up she might've moved on. I mean maybe she already knows you left her for her cousin."
"Do you know how guilty you make me feel when you say something about O'Connell's especially Kara?" I ask playing with the lid of my pen. He sighs and just as he's about to say something his phone rings and he leaves to attend to an emergency.