Not so fast

Daniel's POV

"You know you shouldn't be doing this Anthony. You should go home. I'll handle this." I tell Anthony as we make a stop at Ocean Point in CIU.

"I already told you I won't let this go. I have to see Y'vania. I need to find answers."

"Some answers might change your life some might break you apart and some might completely make you lose trust in someone. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing Anthony. Let's go. She's in here but it's not too late to change your mind and back off."

He stares daggers at me and gets out slamming the door. After making sure my car is parked at a nice spot I get out and start my way up the fifth floor to Tessa's room. I put on my sunglasses to avoid the stares as Anthony trails behind me each of us saying nothing or maybe it's the suspense hanging around.

As we near the fourth floor I almost bump into Tessa carrying a plastic bag and hurrying down towards her room. I didn't expect this but Tessa screams at me which she rarely does unless she's angry which is rare. She stares hard at me breathing heavily.

"Tessa what the-"
I don't get to finish my statement  as she turns and goes on her way.

"Tess stop I need to ask you-"

"It's you who needs to stop Daniel! What do you think you're doing?"

"What have I done Tess?" I ask failing to understand why she's angry.

"What is he doing here? You think you want to mend things up but no. You ruined everything."

I sigh in relief realising that Y'vania is in here and so far nothing is wrong.

I stare behind me to find an impatient Anthony tapping his leg and staring around him nervously. I lower my voice getting closer to a very angry Tess who is now almost shaking with anger.

"You realise he's here right I got tired of getting rid of him he's stubborn he wants to see Y'vania. Is she okay?"

She nods and turns around heading to her room. I realise she doesn't want to talk when she's angry. She just does stuff her own way and you shouldn't ask any questions.

A few steps from my girl's door Ethan's voice echoes down the hallway.

"Daniel stop. We need to talk before you get in."

I turn to see him breathing heavily as if he ran all the way from his place to campus.

"Why are you guys making this thing complicated can we just get in and see Y'vania?" Anthony says seriousness written all over his face.

Ethan edges closer evident anger on his face.

"Y'vania never told me she had an egotistical brother."

"Because am not her brother that's why. I need to see my girl Daniel so you better tell this fake drama queens to fix their pride down their pants and show me the fucking door then you can go on with your meeting."

"And who do you think you're calling drama queen Anthony?" Tess speaks up turning towards him.

"So this is the asshole I should beat to pulp and you have the audacity to call Y'vania yours. How can you-"

"Ethan just calm down buddy Tess please don't babe-"

Too late. Fucking too late she slapped him and Ethan grabs him by the collar of his shirt I mean my shirt after putting his in the laundry. Seems like a bad day for the doctor.