Total strangers

Y'vania's POV

They say everyday you learn something new. True that. So cliché but true.
Of all people I know I mean family that is Mum,Mia,Nisha and maybe abuela( I insist on maybe) Mia is the only one who cares.

Dear self voice,
It's not like I hate people or something. No. You can't possibly force yourself into someone's priority circle. Mum is only concerned about Nisha so far I can say that.

She tried getting close so I can see her as the good mum. I didn't say she's bad. I grew up being the easy to please kid so I never got much attention. She always made choices for me without consulting me and due to me being me I always agreed and walked to my room. No argument.
Okay main story.
News reached almost everywhere including my home. I imagined seeing my mum's face the next morning especially with the new ' I promise to be close to you ' she came to LA with but turns out I was wrong. That promise blew up into ashes somewhere between my home and the airport on my way back.
Okay at least Mia was here. She had to go back because she has a fashion house to run and an upcoming wedding to prepare for.

Three weeks and I'm still seated here on my bed and the only walks I take are around the house to get something or to my window just to see if I'll see a familiar face.

Mum texted the other day that's after leaving her a ton of voice messages telling her that I missed her and all she said was:

      I know you're going through a lot. I'll visit you if I get time. Right now I'm handling Nisha's suspension case.

She never picked up my calls or replied to my texts after that.

All I said was WOW.

I tried calling Nisha but I couldn't reache her. A couple days later. Mia told me all about Nisha's suspension. Turns out she got into a fight and was summoned to the principal's office she talked rudely to the poor old man and ended up in detention which she didn't last an hour as she slapped the teacher and ran out. Pure rudeness. I don't know where she earned  that from but if daddy was alive there wouldn't be room for her nasty behaviour.  She's l always been this stubborn kid and mummy always put up with her because she is her favourite kid. That's out in the open despite mum completely denying it. On the  other hand Mia always gets into fights with Nisha because she can't put with the ' spoilt kid ' attitude. She wants nothing to do with Nisha's case that's what she told me when I talked to her yesterday.

It's not like I'm all alone in here, my friends are here,they always do their best to make me happy but I need my mummy for christ's sake. Looks like I'm going to wait for her to finish handling Nisha's case then I'll be the next one. Maybe.

Enough of the sob stories Y'vania . If you go on you might end up committing suicide.
Okay self voice let's talk about something else. Like my social life. I decided to shut down all of my social media accounts including fan writing. I don't need all these negative comments  because they almost ate me alive for the next two days after the Ocean point incident.

Javier and his group of managers still tell me what to do even though I don't listen to them. I don't know why they can't give up on me. Or maybe I shouldn't increase my level of stubbornness and get out of this house.

Oh! Talking about getting out I think it's time Anthony and I get to meet. God knows how much he's been hurting since he found out about the baby.

Here's to hoping no one's home.

            Anthony's POV

Two hours later.

Each of us stay in silence as if we're total strangers. Maybe we are after everything that has happened.

Everything feels so different including Y'vania. She's not the same person I knew.

"Are you done checking me out?" She asks staring at her drink which she hasn't touched yet.
"Am not checking you out." I say in defence taking a long sip at mine.

"Good to know. Are we going to sit here in silence until people find out who I am and start creating chaos because am not ready for that."
" I thought you'd start talking. You know there's a lot to talk about your new attitude. How you suddenly changed and saw me as enemy to the point of not telling me about our baby."

She stares around cautiously afraid that people are going to hear about it. We're in a very private restaurant for heaven's sake and it's almost empty except for two ladies seated at the far end. It's not her fault though. Maybe she's used to watching over her shoulder as she walks. Maybe she stopped trusting people after everything that happened.

She finally speaks up almost whispering. I lean in to get what she's saying.
" I don't know what happened to him. One day I knew I was expecting a baby and the next day all I have is a painful surgery wound."

Him?
We were going to have a son?

It was going to happen for real.

I wish I knew it before everything happened. Why did it have to be so twisted?
Me playing daddy to a baby that wasn't mine when my baby was somewhere under the control of some poison.

What's with Dad and his getting rid of people and of all people he chooses to destroy the girl I love has to be affected.

All Y'vania did was love me with every part of her. She gave me everything hoping  she'd be safe in my hands and I made sure she was.

I promised I'd love her forever on that night at my house in my room on my bed,the same bed that Kara slept on for a year feeding me with all kind of lies.

I promised Y'vania I'd take care of her,that I'll never hurt her,that I've given my whole heart to her just as the way she gave hers to me. I can still see her tears amidst that perfect smile as I assured her that everything is going to be fine.
Of all things how we held on to each other that night listening to her soft breath when she fell asleep and smiling knowing that she's the perfect one,the only one I need.

Something I wasn't aware was that the moment we had together left a memory that isn't meant to be forgotten, a beautiful angel that I wished I saw.

Pulling up the little strength I have in me I ask her the next question.
"You already knew the gender how old was he? More than four months I guess right?"
She nods struggling to say something else but ends up heaving instead suppressing the sobs. Her bun falls loose letting her hair fall over her shoulders down to her waist.

What happened to the shoulder length?

Not like I hated it but long haired  Y'vania is the one I first met and I'm used to. She's the brave, courageous and funny one, a little bit stubborn and weird but so fucking beautiful.

And she'd have screamed ' language ' at my curse word.

The short haired one had this strange attitude and her eyes seemed to pierce through the deeper part of you. Everytime she stared at me I thought she was reading my thoughts.

She was all quiet and scary at the same time,tough and so daring which is all positive but I guess I'm in love with the long haired Y'vania that let go off everything and ran into my arms.

I pull my chair closer holding her as she breaks into quiet sobs. I know she's not completely healed. I know she isn't going to get over it but holding her will at least relieve her of the pain for the time being.

I guess some moments are so painful to talk about but nothing heals the pain like time.

She's so perfect,so beautiful even in the mess of tears and pain that she's in now. Her sobs finally subside into quietness and I think I can see that smile coming up from afar as she gives in and leans onto my chest wrapping her fragile arms around my torso closing her eyes.

I think this smile is never going to leave my lips as I kiss her forehead breathing in the sweet  scent of everything that feel like home and whispering the words that feel like home.

"I love you Y'vania. Never forget that please."
She lets out a long sigh and leans in closer. That only,gives me the assurance I so much needed.

Now I'm so sure I won't let her go.