Flashback

Y'vania's POV

If daddy was here it would've been easier for all of us.
When he left,the reality struck. The cruel world started pointing fingers at us.
I pitied mummy because all of this ate her up.
Eleven years now but I still remember it all.
I was seven when he left. I don't like putting it in the other way round I mean saying that he's dead because I always believed that he'll come back. He was my inspiration and my world.
I thought I'd never make it to sixteen  without him but my family,Lilly,Matt and Jake have made me stronger. Let me be honest am not bragging or pretending. My daddy was really an intelligent and the best of all daddies.
What really hurt me  is that everyone neglected us. We were left all alone. They didn't want to see us. When we called them they'd shout at us and call us names. I grew up seeing it all and developed hatred to everyone who was related to daddy.
Days keep going you know. We really have grown up and forgotten all the problems but still there's that bad thing we feel every time life threatens to drag us a step behind. At that moment we long for his presence as a protector and head of the family.

There are times in life that I wished I would die so that I couldn't see all this things happening to us. One such time was when Tanisha got sick. It all started with strange breathing difficulties. She was seven by then,I was nine and Mia was fifteen. The doctors said it was asthma. Soon more and more complications came up. She lost a lot of weight and a lot of money was spent. The money that daddy saved in our separate bank account that should've been used to cater for our education succumbed to various hospital needs.

No one understood why and what was happening to the kid but we all prayed for her. She started giving up. She thought she was going to die. Whenever she fell sick she'd say she's dying. It was very painful you know and no one from daddy's family was willing to help. They just watched us suffer or rather went deaf on us. We went hungry on several occasions but mummy made sure that we had faith and didn't starve to death. She took loans did everything to keep us standing and even though she had a stable job,most of her money went to bills and the people she owed.

I learnt hustling at a very young age. I felt pain and knew how it really feels to be fatherless and having no one to lean on. All this pain is just because daddy left. I could've gone to a better highschool and so would Mia but I'm really proud of her. She makes us strong. She sets a good example by not giving up despite all the problems. She's now an air hostess and an upcoming fashion designer. She really works hard and helps mummy sort the bills and pay our school fees and that's why I never wanted to let them down in highschool. I worked really hard and were it not for my condition I'd have joined college. We're really a happy family,we like having fun and being happy,crazy and funny from the outward look but deep inside is the fire of pain that has never been fully extinguished. It burns slowly.

The thing that pains us a lot is one of us being sick or mistreated especially when it comes to Tanisha. So Honeybunch if you want to find yourself burning in planet mercury or freezing in pluto just try and hurt babybop Nisha. I think that's the reason as to why Mia is overprotective. Its not her fault.
We do fight most of the times  with Tanisha who is sometimes very rude and lazy and especially with Mia who has a very short temper but the love we have for each other knows no bounds. I always get into problems with Mia because of my noise making,pranking and sarcasm. I never know the appropriate time for doing all this to her and I also like seeing her angry because it makes her even cuter. I love seeing her go ballistic and throw things at me. I can't deny it am a noisemaker.

I hate bothering mummy. I guess am the easy to please type. The problem with me is that I tend to keep so many things to myself reason being not to bother anyone. Right now am thinking of how to open up to them. Three months back I was diagnosed with Aplastic anaemia. It all started with headaches,dizziness,feeling very weak and strange nosebleeds. Using my savings I decided to go to Miller Rosa hospital for check up. I chose to go to that particular one because a) its far from home and b)no  one knows me there. After several blood tests the doctors confirmed that I indeed have Aplastic anaemia,a very  rare type of blood disorder that destroys the bone marrow. Thanks to doctor Anthony Miller who also happens to be the son of the hospital founder who has been friendly to me ever since the day I found out about my condition.
The problem is where I'll get the money to start the treatment. So far its only doctor Anthony Miller,his dad and two other doctors from the hospital who know about my condition. I don't open up that much but doctor Miller understands me and also the fact that he's young,probably less than five years older than me really helps.

It feels so strange. Everything seems so strange am wondering why all this is happening to me.
Why life chose to be very difficult to me. I have to be the one experiencing all this horror. Trust me horror movies aren't my favourite because they leave me with nightmares. I've watched one I watched it when I was seven and it still haunts me till now. It really does especially when the antagonist happens to be someone so close to you. I watched them take daddy's life away and believe me when I say no other movie seems as horrible as it was.

It still haunts me.