20 questions

Anthony's POV

"You're a doctor all you think about is science. Right? Well in case you don't know there's a very complicated science called life."

What happened in the past or what is happening to Y'vania?

Yes now I know you can have all the knowledge concerning the life of a human being but fail to understand what the person feels or..I don't know am so confused.

I throw the World health book I've been spending hours trying to find out behaviours and personalities. None of whatever the book says can match the seizure/breakdown or whatever Y'vania had after the bone marrow transplant. The thing is it scared me. I've never been so scared in my life. Lives of many patients get lost as I watch but a slight thought of losing Y'vania freaks me out.

"Earth to Tony. What are you doing in a library?"
"Oh Kara thank you for coming."
"Don't even mention it I'm always gonna be here for you." She says sitting across from me and goes on sipping her drink staring at me.
"In a library what are you reading?" She asks placing her drink on the table and takes her phone out. I stare at the book on the floor.
"Oh you threw it what's happening you only throw stuff around if something is disturbing you. What's up?" She says getting up and gets the book off the floor.
"World health what does this even mean? Uuugh! Science." She places the book back on the desk and pulls a chair next to me snaking her arm around my shoulders.
"Anthony just tell me what's wrong with you."
"Okay. Its just..I can't seem to find the answers am looking for." I say realising how irritated I am. She stares at me intensely her face a few inches from mine.
"Um..you know what Tony? There are some things that are meant to be hidden like forever you can't possibly find everything in a book or on internet. Sometimes all you have to do is relax and think. Now get up let's go eat stuff have fun and reflect on whatever you want to figure out." She holds my hand and leads me out of the library I've been spending over six hours of my day off.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wow that's so bad oh my god that's so bad. Have you ever talked to her about it?"
"No am so confused but dad and the other doctors say that it may be a result of the surgery but I can't buy that K.L."
I've been explaining the scenario of whatever happened to Y'vania to Kara and I can say she's surprised too.
"Maybe she has this terrible past that keeps on haunting her. You should take some rest maybe a few days off. If it scares you this much,see you're still shaking and the incident happened two days ago. Take some days off."
"I can't K.L its..she's my patient and she's undergoing treatment. She didn't wanna get treated at first it took me months to convince her."
"Oh is it the same mysterious Aplastic anaemia patient we're talking about?"
"Yes and she's not mysterious Kara she's just so quiet."
"Okay babe don't skin me alive I'm just talking its like a movie or a story how you guys met what's her name?"
"Y'vania Spencer I keep on forgetting her middle name."
"Y'vania. Wow that name sounds unique. The only person I know who had a name like that one is probably dead by now or in another country."
"Kara! What are you talking about?"
"Some non existing girl I once knew um never mind. I hope you don't fall for that girl because no one takes you from me. Oh she'd already be dead by the time you guys fall for each other and me and you would be married-"
"Kara! Why are so heartless sometimes? She won't die and she's my friend just like you guys are."

Except that I love her so much.

"Just kidding don't get it twisted well you need to let her hang out with us sometimes who knows I might get someone to do girl talks with and of course my maid of honour on our wedding."

So crazy and gross.

I laugh slightly imagining my marriage with Kara as we get out of the restaurant.

                     ~~~~~~~~
             Y'vania's POV

"Twenty questions? Why twenty questions?"
"Because I think we should know each other better."
"No."

The last time I played that dumb game it didn't end well.

"What do you mean no..you can't play the game or you don't like the knowing each other better thing?"
"No I can't play such a dumb game what are we? Sophomores?"
"I don't want it to be like that I just want to know you better."
"Oh really? You want me to spill out my secrets and sob stories then you go ahead and blackmail me making me the laughing stock of town?"
"And what do I gain by doing that Brownie?"
"Fame or whatever the rich people call it. You've done so much for me already if this transplant thing is going to prove things okay we'll go separate ways I clearly don't belong to your world."
"What? Y'vania please I didn't mean to-"
"Just look at you Anthony your personalities,friends and literally everything screams rich and then take a look at me what will your parents think of me? A maiden from Chile?"
"Oh my god! Y'vania."
"Just see how your friends treated me that day. They looked at me like I was some speck of dirt on the expensive carpets of the fancy five star hotel we were in. No one was willing to shake my hand let alone hug me all they did was stare at me with the most weird looks on earth. I felt out of place,intimidated and embarrassed."
I don't realise how long I've been pouring out what I feel until when I feel his hands holding mine. I open my eyes only to see a tear streaming down his face then another. He quickly wipes them and I realise how much I already stabbed his heart.
"Am sorry I didn't mean to say all this it just-"
He doesn't let me finish my statement but leans in and kisses me. I get nervous at first because we're in a public place. Not that public its full of kids. We're at the park having our first real date as in the two of us alone without the bunch of spoilt rich kids he calls friends but it had to somehow get ruined along the way.
He stares at my probably shocked face.
"What I feel for you Y'vania is more than anything."
"More than how that blonde girl who couldn't take her hands off you?"  I say faking annoyance.
"Oh my! Are you jealous? Oh Brownie bae you look so  adorable you should wear this jealous look all the time." Anthony says squishing my cheeks.
"Am not jealous."

Liar liar-
I know right?

"But I swear you look so cute Y'vania and there's nothing between me and K.L."
"I don't even remember her name I was so focused on the diamond necklace she was wearing and the outfit and the way that she looked familiar in some way."
"Really then it must be a coincidence because she also said the same familiar thing about you."
"Wow okay am suddenly interested in knowing about you guys I mean you and that bunch of- I mean friends."
"Okay, about me. I'm Anthony King Miller second born my dad is..you know him Charles Miller. He's Italian but my mum is Caucasian so am half Italian. My mum is Mariah Rosa hence the name Miller Rosa. My friends Nick,K.L and the twins Lance and Logan have been close to me ever since pre school. They're crazy but cool. That's it that's all about me."
"One more thing what's K.L in full?"
"Oh that's how we call her but she's Kara Luna."
I almost choke on my drink as realisation hit me or maybe its a part of my insecurities. Could it be?

Kara Luna Elizabeth(Lizzy). Kara Lizzy O'Connell.

Everything goes blurry as I let go off the drink I was holding.

"Y'vania are you okay?"
"Yes no I don't know." I mumble as  my body slowly surrenders to gravity.