Something came up

Y'vania's POV

"I..yes I ..its no biggie never mind. I say getting up from the bed trying to hide the fact that I'm hyperventilating right now.

The stare she gives me sends me back to sitting on the bed.

" What happened to you?" She asks quietly.
"Mummy I'll tell you it's not..mummy I'm.."

Why am I stuttering? Why the Humpty Dumpty heck can't I speak up?

"Are you still sick?"

Oh really is that what crossed your mind mummy?

"No of course not I'm Aplastic anaemia free its just uh..something came up and.."

"And they had to operate your lower abdomen?

Say the truth Y'vania you lied for a very long time and it doesn't help does it?
Whaaat? Who let the genius Y'vania out?

Just before I go on with my stuttering someone knocks the door. At least we're going to get distracted as I search for an answer to this situation.

Daniel's head pops in first and I can say am very happy that he's back from his mother's place and the family business meetings he has been attending for the past one week.  As soon as he closes the door behind him I jump up and tackle him into one of my ' I missed you so so much hugs ' almost dropping him on the floor. He lifts me up and twirls me around like a young girl .

When he puts me down I glance at mummy only to find her smiling and shaking her head. Daniel speaks up first squishing my cheeks slightly.
" I can see my pretty angel took care of her mummy very well."
"Yes except that she's still the weirdest creature I know." Mummy says as she gives Daniel her usual tight motherly hugs.

"Mummy am not weird." I say in defence and she stares daggers at me before turning her gaze back to Daniel returning her gracious smile.

"Maybe Daniel here can tell me what happened because it seems like I can't swallow your lies anymore."
"Mummy am not a liar."

"How sure am I that its just ' something came up ' and I shouldn't care? Daniel can you tell me what happened to your friend that she had to undergo surgery?" Daniel furrows his eyebrows and stares at me. With the looks we're giving each other I can picture the conversation.

Daniel: What have you done wifey?
Me: Don't you dare tell her anything.
Daniel: Whaat? Are you kidding.
Me: Say a word and am going to kill you.

Daniel shrugs and takes out his phone.

"Raquel just excuse me a minute I'll tell you everything." He speaks with an honest face but deep inside I know he's not going to let me down. He winks at me then gets out faking a phone call.

What a nice escape route Daniel.

Telling my mum that I had a baby with Anthony is so easy but the thing is how she's going to react and with the look she's giving me she's never going to let go off this earlier.
Just then my phone rings and the caller ID happens to be the same ' unknown ' caller I've been avoiding since beginning of this week.

Coincidences suck. Fact.

I stare at my screen shutting my eyes tightly and rubbing my temples slowly breathing in and out.

"Just pick the phone already that ringtone is irritating." Mum snaps her voice snapping me out of my meditation minus the humming part.

I reluctantly pick it up and wait for him to speak up.