Realisation hits

Y'vania's POV

Calling it a house would be an understatement. Anthony's house is a manor. He stops the car beside a beautiful green garden with a swing and a slide all pink in colour.
There must be a baby girl in here
I'm brought back to the present when his door closes as he comes to my side to open the door for me.
I get out before he makes it to the door and smiles hugging me and kisses the top of my head.
I breath in inhaling his sweet scent and the fresh air around this heaven home.
"You have a beautiful home." I say quietly feeling a little bit nervous. He tilts my face and stares at me intensely his blue eyes causing a slight blush on my face.
"Not as beautiful as you are."
Its almost a year since I first saw him but I guess I'm not adjusted to the intense colour of his eyes.
"We won't stand here for the whole of this evening. Shall we?"
"Um..we shall...yes let's go." I say quietly as he takes my hand leading me inside.

Wow is all I can say when I see the inside of the house. It smells like a different world. A young girl of about nine years with blue eyes and dark blonde hair comes running to the door.
"I already opened it door woman." Anthony says in a sarcastic tone.
She narrows her eyes saying
"If I knew its you I wouldn't have opened it." Then smiles at me.
"Anthony who is this ?" She asks without staring at him.
"That's my wife. Respect please."
I blush slightly at his remark. The girl speaks again.
"She's cute. Make sure you knock some sense into my dumb little brother cute girl." She says hugging me then walks away after making a funny face to Anthony.
"I'm sure you realise you're the youngest here door woman and I hope you see a monster next time you open it!" Anthony shouts causing the girl to turn and come back.
"Will the monster's name start with an A and ends with a Y? Am looking for that monster if you see him cute girl will you help me get rid of him?" She says staring at me.
"Hopefully." I answer her with a smile. I like her.
"Hopefully Y'vania won't kill the monster  because she loves him."
"Oh so that means you're the monster I've been looking for?" The girl asks crossing her arms and edging closer.
"I didn't say I'm the monster!"
"And I didn't say any name did I?"
"Sam you're so annoying!"
"You're a sore loser!" She shouts running towards the grand staircase where a young man with dirty blonde hair in a cute messy hairstyle is slowly walking on he reaches for the young girl and carries her.

"Meet my siblings Connor and Samantha Miller." Anthony says smiling at his brother who is now standing before us still holding Sam.
"Nice meeting you miss.."
"Spencer. Y'vania Spencer nice to meet you too Connor. Anthony talks a lot about you." I say shaking his hand.
"He talks about me too?" Sam asks lifting her head from her brother's shoulder.
Everyone laughs and I nod slightly as an elderly couple walks down the staircase involved in a quiet conversation.
The woman probably Anthony's mum smiles when she sees us standing at the bottom of the staircase.
"So this is the girl my son has been talking about? I didn't know she's way more beautiful in person." The lady says giving me a warm motherly hug.
"Thank you Mrs.."
"Just call me Mariah. Please feel at home. Come on let's have a seat and know each other better." She says in a cheerful mood her blonde ponytail swaying gracefully as she turns towards what I suppose is the living room.
"Talking as if am not here? Y'vania. I know we've met so many times at the hospital but now just take me for a dad not a doctor. Feel at home call me Charlie."
"Thank you." I say shaking his hand. I follow them to the large living room decorated with beautiful paintings and antiques from different parts of the world.

The evening goes on without mishaps feeling at home and getting used to their happiness and Charlie's jokes. I realise he's very funny and keeps the house alive with his happy mood.
Mariah is rather shy but always smiling,Connor is as noisy as his dad,Anthony and Sam always get into silly fights and Sam likes insisting that she's older than Anthony making everyone laugh at her childish attitude. I learn that she's only eight years old but she wants to be the big girl.
Dinner is eaten in silence apart from the usual Sam and Anthony remarks.

After getting done with dinner Mariah and I sit at the front porch saying that she wanted a half an hour of knowing me better. After a few seconds of silence she speaks up.
"So how did you and Anthony meet?"
"Uh..we meet at the hospital a few months ago."
"Was he the one who diagnosed your illness?"
"No. Some other doctor before he became my doctor. Why?" I ask wondering why she's so inquisitive.
"I think Anthony already told you about Ariel and how she died." I nod as she shifts on her chair,facing me.
"It really broke his heart. We thought he won't be happy again but one day he came home in an unusual happy mood and started talking about you. At first we thought he was hallucinating because Ariel had the same condition that's why Charles had to come in because we thought this girl he talked about every time wasn't real. We were starting to get scared because he mentioned it every time even in his sleep."

In his sleep? So gross

"When Charles met you assuring us that its real the girl is real and everything was fine with our son I was so happy that..that my son..finally.." She shrugs her voice breaking but she goes on with courage wiping the tears.
"You're going to make it. You're going to be happy together. You brought my son's happiness back. He's a changed person since the two of you met. Just take care of each other."
I nod holding her hand and giving her an assuring smile. She stares at me intensely and asks,
"I heard you lost your dad. I'm so sorry about that. I know how living without a dad feels I lost my dad when I was fourteen."
"I'm so sorry about that. My daddy died when I was seven. I don't know what he suffered from. He just died. He wasn't sick." She arches her eyebrows then hold my hand.
"You were so young. Do you remember him?"
"Yes. We were so close. I can't forget how he looked like."
"What about your family your siblings,mummy?"
"Its only my mum and my two sisters. My paternal granny visits once in a while. She doesn't see eye to eye with my mum. My dad's siblings never visit. Its long since I met them when I was young."
"Not to nag but why did you break contact with your family? Is there a problem?"

Why is this lady asking so many questions. Is she some kind of detective?
No Y'vania she just wants to know more about you who allows their son to date a girl who has a mysterious background?
I don't trust this woman self voice.
Okay. Mariah. Where does this come from?
Mariah Walker is the only Maria you know.
Oh no no no. It can't be her.
What if she is the one what are you going to do?
Let me think self voice shut up.

"Um..its okay if you don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry I took it too far. I'm sorry excuse me." She stands up to leave.
"No. Just..no problem I'll tell you. My family and I don't see eye to eye because..because my..my mummy is..um my granny was  opposed to..she hates my mummy because daddy chose her over some woman she had chosen for her. I think daddy got mad and dropped the family name he started using Spencer instead of O'Connell.." She gasps dropping back on the chair her eyes wide in shock.

Realisation hits.