Till Death Do Us Part

Requested on Tumblr:  "Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for replying to my post! It's so hard to find Donald Pierce fanfics on here, so your page was sooo refreshing to see! I had this idea for a fanfic where Donald Pierce is hunting an OFC (Oh y...

Requested on Tumblr: "Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for replying to my post! It's so hard to find Donald Pierce fanfics on here, so your page was sooo refreshing to see! I had this idea for a fanfic where Donald Pierce is hunting an OFC (Oh yes sorry! It means Original Female Character) white mutant powers, told from her perspective. And then he captures her and day in and day out he questions her and she gets experimented on and what not. (The only twist is that I don't want them to fall in love because I want it to be that she absolutely hates him). Again thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!"

A/N: There is no romance in this, and I hope you're okay with the simple edit, I didn't want to keep it too lively, I wanted to maintain the gloomy atmosphere of the pic. Hope you like it! ^^

****

The sound of crunching leaves was the only thing that could be heard in the obscurity. But the girl was sure that her ragged breathing as well as her thumping heart could be heard from miles away.

"Come on, come on, come on," She mentally repeated, letting her feet guide her away from the trucks. Her irises flickered to an intense white colour, suddenly seeing in the dark perfectly. Everything that used to be black was now different shades of white and grey, she wished she could bend her life in the same way, seeing the light in the darkness. But that wasn't the case, not after her secret was unfolded.

Her powers were a gift -- that was what that man said when they first crossed paths. She thought he could understand her, and her hope in herself was nearly restored.

Until he stabbed her in the back, both literally and metaphorically.

She understood that the words he said to her, that he wanted her to go with him to do good for humanity, was only manipulation. He didn't lie, he simply left out the fact that it was for 'science'. (Y/N) despised his guts with all her being. She was toyed with, controlled by that monster.

Yet, she blamed herself for letting her guard down, could she ever forgive herself because it was out of desperation? Craving to be approved of and understood when no one else did?

Her breathing hitched as she stopped in front of a tall tree, scanning around to see if any of them had caught up with her before jumping on the trunk, escalating it with ease and shielding herself behind the thick foliage.

"Find her, don't let her get away!" The familiar voice ordered. Her eyes closed, head tilting to the side slightly as she let her other senses take over.

She could feel the cool breeze pinch her exposed skin, the slightly pungent smell of cigarettes, guns and sweat stung her nostrils as the obnoxious, growing sound of artillery, metal and most of all, crunching leaves from the countless footsteps.

The familiar smell of the authoritative figure made her heart drum in her ears as she stopped breathing completely.

He was standing right below her.