The Tables Have Turned

You feel obligated to help Donald after Zander discovers he had helped you run away from Transigen even though you were a valuable mutant to the company.

Requested by elsajolias: "I suggest you writing a story about the reader who is a mutant tries her best to save Donald when he is held hostage by Zander against her

Requested by elsajolias: "I suggest you writing a story about the reader who is a mutant tries her best to save Donald when he is held hostage by Zander against her. A longer story is what i expected. I think Donald should be in trouble. Yeah?"

A/N: This turned out to be longer than I anticipated! Hope you like it!

In Donald's field of work, it wasn't uncommon for him to keep an eye on a particular asset whilst the scientists finished up with another. What was, however, when he started feeling developing for a particular mutant that he had been assigned to kidnap and then supervise when Zander and a number of others finished testing the previous one.

And the fact that he was the only one in his department that was allowed to see her didn't help at all. In fact, Rice also imposed upon him that he had to spend a few hours with her every day. He knew what he was feeling was bad, bad for the company, but he couldn't help but enjoy the feeling. It was new to him and he knew it wouldn't come back.

So he thought about the insane. He was going to get the girl out. It tore his heart right out when a scientist entered her cell to test a substance on her to see whether it was compatible with her blood.

And most of the time, it didn't, so he had to nurse her back to health.
(Y/N)'s life, on the other hand, was complete shit. She too started to develop feelings for the asshole, and she hated herself for it. This man, one of many, made her life utterly miserable. Her brain was screaming irrational nonsense to her, but her heart was completely ignoring it.

But that thought only came to her mind when he entered the room to spend time with her. The rest of the time, she was only focusing on the nice things she had been through in life. Life before her kidnapping. Those were the only thing pulling her through the long torturous days.

And the worse thing about it is that she knows the worse is yet to come. One day, she just broke down in his arms, seeking comfort in his chest as her tears keep falling off her cheeks. She was terrified, she couldn't take it anymore, she was only forced to take the test product and that alone was not cooperating with her, both mentally and physically.

And that moment, Pierce knew that he had to do something about it.

*****

He laid back in his chair, scanning all the security camera to be sure everything is in check. It was the night shift coming around, and as usual, he and heavy security were placed everywhere in the facility. Then his eyes landed on the single screen in front of him, his eyebrows furrowing as he processed the image in before him. (Y/N) was hunched back over a bowl as a nurse scurried in and out, an occasional colleague coming in distressed.